Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prometheus

Prometheus

They released the full trailer today. I watched it on youtube and its really heightened my anticipation. Its definitely got an "ALIEN" feel to it, which shouldn't be surprising. The trailer lays out the plot while, hopefully, keeping some surprises for the actual release. This is the most anticipated movie of the year for me. I hope it lives to my expectations.

Ditto that sentiment. It ties in with the Alien universe, especially the "space jockey" race, w/o being a direct prequel. The eggs may have been an experiment gone totally, cosmically awry. We may look at the warrior aliens differently after Prometheus. I'm stoked for June 8th.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Yeah, you definitely get the impression that humans are somehow involved in the creation of the xenomorph.

Excellent final trailer, if it's the last one made before the film is released. :P
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Quack's Arcade

From what I've read, I'm glad its not going to be just another ALIEN movie. There is not a whole lot of mystery left in the creature itself. We all know what it looks like and what it does. It would end up being a "meh" kind of movie if they tried to do it that way. I don't expect it to be shocking and disturbing like the first one was. I am hoping it will be very mysterious and eerie.

I can't wait... for those annoying commercials to end! That howl/screech hurts my mind! They even had trailers running on the observatory's video feed of yesterday's Venus transit, but didn't connect it to the astronomical event going on.

Oh, the movie does look pretty cool. Sounds? Not so cool.

Spoiler: I predict it will be the same alien civilization from Indiana Jones & the Crystal Skull. Or Mars Attacks!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

My brother and I are going to see it this weekend(my wife has no interest). Its gotten generally good reviews, althought people who dislike it seem to really hate it.

Well I saw it and I wasn't disappointed. Its definitey a movie that you have to pay close attention to, or you could get kinda lost along the way. Visually, its a sight to behold. Its one of the best looking movies I've seen in a long time. The special effects were done very well too. Very rarely were you aware that something was CGI. I thought the acting was good, with Fassbender being the best out of all the actors. I thought the storyline was really good, but it ends in a very unresolved way. This irked my brother a little bit. He said it was like you were watching just the first part of a movie. I can see that irritating people, but anymore, alot of movies do this to set up the next, so I didn't have a problem with it. It definitely is very eerie and creepy with a few rather disgusting scenes sprinkled through out. I also like how we weren't spoon fed information. There are a number of things that are left a mystery, or that we have to draw our own conclusions. Once again, that will annoy people to not have all the ends tied up neatly. I think its great.

It did have a few problems, though. It felt at times as though there were pieces of the movie that were missing. There were conclusions that were arrived at rather quickly and some odd behavior that I think could explained by this. It was forgiveable though. I did not like them bringing Weyland along for the ride. I felt like it was rather unnecessary to the whole plot line since he already has his goons on the ship.

I'd give the movie an A-. I hope it does well enough for them to continue the story.

I went and saw it again, this time in 3D. Although it had its moments, I don't think the 3D really added anything to it. I will say that I think I enjoyed it more the second time around. Some of the problems I had with it didn't seem as bad watching it again. Can't wait for Blu-Ray.

Mybiggest complaint is the extremely poor makeup job they did on one individual. When compared to the spooky makeup of other characters, it's just extremely poor. And it makes me wonder if it was done up to look artificial on purpose- like the character had so many nip and tucks or Botox.

One extremely visceral and extremely unique and cringe inducing scene involved someone doing surgery on themselves. That part was very very cool.

People are most critical of this movie because they were expecting to see xenomorphs. Oh, they are there (from a certain point of view). If you are up on your Alien lore you can't miss it. Very clever how this was done.

I would put this at a solid b. there are some logistical issues that don't hamper the story, but still left me scratching my head as the reason why characters behaved certain ways.