Blog Entries

Batman vs Superman spoilers thread

I like that but Lex Luthor was bad casting choice and should have been bald.

Doomsday should have looked more like the actor playing Zod, and less CGI.

Lois Lane was bad ***.

The parallels to Modern conflicts was pretty good and well written.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Maybe I'm just an old fogey and don't understand the realities of modern, "blockbuster" film aesthetics. Or maybe this movie just disappoints at every level. I disliked the movie, but I pretty much knew I would dislike it going in. There is so much wrong with this film for me: mainly Superman, Batman (though Affleck was good in the role), Luthor, the "Justice League" intros, editing, score, pacing, a world of perpetual night time, logic, and I suppose I could list more if I tried. I liked Wonder Woman. I liked Alfred. I liked the Parademon design. It seems that rather than create their own, individual feel, DC movies seem more interested and intent on generating the "opposite of Marvel" movie feel, if that makes any sense.

Blog Entries
    Yes. The opposite of Marvel? That makes sense. But it was appropriate for Nolan's Batman which I really like.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I've heard so much bad about this movie, I might watch it on cable or something else where I don't have to pay for it.

Batman does not kill people with guns. Period. Zack Snyder needs to read The Dark Knight Returns in its entirety, not just take one intentionally misleading panel out of context.
    That's my jacket!

If you tell yourself that this version of Batman is actually Owlman and that we're watching the formation of the Crime Syndicate then maybe it's a bit more palatable?

I'm one of the few among us that actually liked Man of Steel and although this one doesn't compare to it, I think even with its warts and all, I prefer it to Age of Ultron (gasp!).

One criticism I rarely see mentioned is extremely clunky writing at times...like Orci/Kurtzman level clunkiness except it's coming from Goyer and Terrio. For instance, the connection between Martha Wayne and Martha Kent, although rather keen and clever was just written quite poorly...instead of having Supes mutter "they're killing Martha..." which comes off a bit awkward, "they're killing my mother Martha" might have worked better even though it robs them of Batman's emphatic "why did you say that name????" response.