Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Avengers

The Avengers

Chris Evans was on-set yesterday, filming a scene where Steve Rogers, fresh from a Rip Van Winkle, emerges from a building, onto the streets of modern-day NYC, only to find himself fighting aliens who are attacking the city. Strangely enough, NYC is Cleveland, Ohio and 42nd Street is East 9th Street. For those of my friends who are lucky enough to be close to all of the action, one was able to film this clip from her office yesterday afternoon during one of the major pyrotechnic stunts. I really should've signed up to be an extra!!!

Robert Downey is scheduled to arrive for shooting next week. Sam Jackson was here last week.

I'm rather excited by all of this, actually! We currently have 9 motion pictures on the books to film in Ohio.

There are some journalist videos here (for now at any rate!).
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Filming continues today. East 9th Street has been cleaned up and the shoot has moved over to Public Square. Public Square also served as the location for the exterior shots in A Christmas Story. The shots for the Higbees window and the Christmas parade, as well as all of the downtown establishing shots were filmed there. Should be interesting as they are turning Public Square into Stuttgart, Germany!

The crew was back on East 9th today. They were filming a few more pyrotechnic stunts and there was a squad of soldiers running into battle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	180811-AvengersArmyA.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	25331  

I can't believe they're remaking that Uma Thurman/Ralph Fiennes flick from '98; I thought it bombed.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I can't believe they're remaking that Uma Thurman/Ralph Fiennes flick from '98; I thought it bombed.
    LOL ...which in turn was a remake of the television series.

Aaaaaaaanyhow... Scenes with Thor and Captain America are being filmed on East 9th Street today.

It's awesome when stuff gets filmed locally. Around me over the years:
    video for "Where the Streets Have No Name"
    The Cat in The Hat
    Catch Me if You Can
    A League of Their Own
    That Thing You Do!
    Matrix 2
    (or maybe it was the first Transformers... or both? it was on some closed freeway here)
    tons of commercials set in the local airport

I can't get excited about this for some reason. It could be the realistic nature of Iron Man now being undermined by aliens, the silly premise of Thor that I've never been able to get over, or the "what did we keep from the first movie?" shtick of Hulk.

But it's not. It's the Hawkeye. There's too much Hawkeye.

Q: How much Hawkeye is too much Hawkeye?
    A: Any Hawkeye is too much Hawkeye. Only a negative amount of Hawkeye is acceptable.

No joke, West Coast Avengers was the only Marvel comic I never collected during the height of my addiction. Because Hawkeye is lower than a dingleberry stuck in one's hidden hair. I'd rather Justin Bieber lead the team than Hawkeye be allowed anywhere near it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    It's awesome when stuff gets filmed locally. Around me over the years:
    video for "Where the Streets Have No Name"
    The Cat in The Hat
    Catch Me if You Can
    A League of Their Own
    That Thing You Do!
    Matrix 2
    (or maybe it was the first Transformers... or both? it was on some closed freeway here)
    tons of commercials set in the local airport
    Matrix 2 was filmed on a custom loop they built out in Alameda, where they keep the nuclear wessels. Wheh-sells! Whereas the freeway scene for Transformers was filmed in Rialto, where they keep our state's precious supply of nothing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hey! If it wasn't for that area where Rialto has been placed on a map, the travel budget for the show Cops would be outrageous! And what about heavy wind-damage news stories? Tagging? Window stickers with "streams" on various people/car companies? I don't call all that "nothing."