Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Avengers

No joke. It seems like every time I find a re-run of Cops, it's set in Rialto. Rialto sort of scares me, and I don't fear bad neighborhoods lightly. The nearby towns have some redeeming factors, but about I can say for Rialto is they've got two 99c Only stores that suck less than the ones closer to me, aside from the chemical smell in both.

Hawkeye probably lives in Rialto and that's why the place sucks.

They were filming scenes with Tom Hiddleston as Loki on Friday evening down at Public Square. My friend said that they are filming a few pick up shots on Walnut Street this morning.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

So let's see, the tie-in list is as follows:

Iron Man
    The Incredible Hulk (except Edward Norton will not play Banner, Mark Ruffalo will)
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    Captain America: The First Avenger

Then we get "The Avengers" to be followed by:

Iron Man 3
    Thor 2

I suspect we may get a "Captain America 2" as well, seeing as how it did so well at the box office.
    May the force be with you.

Just so long as Hawkeye doesn't get his own movie.

In fact, I'd be cool with him being killed by a platypus during the opening credits of The Avengers. Particularly if he cries like a little baby while the platypus kills him and feeds him to the baby platypii.

No, they'll mix continuity, and have him turn into US Agent, throwing adamantium arrows instead of a shield.

The Platypus will be paired up with Ultron as the villain duo.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Just so long as Hawkeye doesn't get his own movie.

In fact, I'd be cool with him being killed by a platypus during the opening credits of The Avengers. Particularly if he cries like a little baby while the platypus kills him and feeds him to the baby platypii.
    I agree, I've never understood why people actually like Hawkeye.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I agree, I've never understood why people actually like Hawkeye.
    I always found he had a bit of Batman to him: no super powers but extremely skilled in some areas. A gruff or loner personality at times, but could work with other heroes if needed. And, I found his costume fairly easy to draw.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I always found he had a bit of Batman to him: no super powers but extremely skilled in some areas. A gruff or loner personality at times, but could work with other heroes if needed. And, I found his costume fairly easy to draw.
    You just described Green Arrow, whom Hawkeye is a shameless knockoff of.

Nah; rival comic companies can't do that. That would be wrong. I'll have to send Lobo and Wolverine to beat you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Nah; rival comic companies can't do that. That would be wrong. I'll have to send Lobo and Wolverine to beat you up.
    This brings up bad memories of the Lobo/Wolverine throwdown in Marvel vs DC, which was WRONG!!! Wolvie killed Lobo behind a bar, then relaxed and lit a cigar. However, even if he were able to best the Main Man, which is questionable (to say the least), it was established only a year earlier that Lobo couldn't die because neither Heaven nor Hell would take him.