Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Avengers

Lobo. Now that's a name I haven't heard in nearly 20 years. It's good to see that he's been so successful compared to Wolverine.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

At least (in the right hands, at least... in other words, Giffen's) Lobo doesn't take himself so seriously, which is what's ruined Wolverine.

Just got back from the midnight premiere and I really enjoyed the movie. For me, Hulk was the sticking point, if they got him wrong then the entire franchise would fall apart in my eyes. Fortunately this is the best onscreen Hulk ever made and I loved the interactions between Bruce Banner and Tony Stark. The only minor disappointment is that I really wished Hulk would speak.

There are rumors that they might make another stand alone Hulk movie with Mark Ruffalo. I would really like to see that.

Overall, I thought the movie was awesome. This is exactly the kind of superhero movie that I always wanted to see made when I was reading about all of these characters as a kid. They even managed to make Hawkeye a likable character and that's a major accomplishment.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    They even managed to make Hawkeye a likable character and that's a major accomplishment.
    You just destroyed the credibility of the rest of your post.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    You just destroyed the credibility of the rest of your post.
    I know, I would have thought the same thing if I hadn't seen the movie yet because I absolutely despise Hawkeye in the comics. However, Jeremy Renner does a good job of portraying him as an honorable soldier (for the most part without giving too much away), instead of a petulant child who rails against authority just for the sake of railing against authority.

Joss Whedon is God...he pulled off what could have been a disaster in someone elses' hands. Incredible action set pieces, great pacing, snappy dialog AND character development. No wonder A list critics are giving it 4 stars. Run...don't walk to see the Avengers this weekend. (Stay past the credits twice...wink, wink). Loki surpasses General Zod as a true Super Villain. GL...you need to see this movie so you can understand what happens when they get it RIGHT!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I've got tickets to the 7:20 show tonight. So ready to see this.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Taking my daughter to see this tomorrow.
    May the force be with you.

Wow. What a great movie!!

So much action, yet plenty of story and character development. I will definately go see it again..but this time in 2D. The 3D got a bit overwhelming at times.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    Wow. What a great movie!!

So much action, yet plenty of story and character development. I will definately go see it again..but this time in 2D. The 3D got a bit overwhelming at times.
    very impressive the way all the characters were given equal importance. And equal screen time. I think Iron man may have had just a bit more than the rest. But damn what a great show. I was shocked to see HIM after the credits. If they pull off his inclusion in the sequel. I have very high hopes that a certain other villain in the dc universe could be pulled off. The character I 'm thinking of is practically a carbon copy of HIM.