Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Avengers

I saw this at the midnight opening, after seeing Thor and Captain America for the first time immediately beforehand (it was an all-day marathon, but I had to leave for a bit so I missed Incredible Hulk and half of each Iron Man movie; I've seen both Iron Man movies but haven't seen the Incredible Hulk). Anyway, I freakin' loved it. The last battle was just one mind-blowingly cool moment after another; truly one of the greatest action sequences I have ever seen in a film. A great deal of that was due to how the characters were treated and used during the battle and for the entire movie preceding it. Just a whole hell of a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels
    So much action, yet plenty of story and character development. I will definately go see it again..but this time in 2D. The 3D got a bit overwhelming at times.
    All three movies I saw in a row were in 3D, which is the most I've ever seen of the format in one sitting (with 15-minute breaks in-between, but still). I thought it was used really well in all three cases - it definitely helped it feel like you were more "in the world" of the film without being ridiculous. After a while, I forgot I was watching 3D - not because it was used so sparingly, but just because I got used to it. If all 3D releases were as good as this (or TPM, for instance), then I don't think people would take issue with it as much as they still do. (I rarely see 3D movies unless that's a major part of the draw, partly since the level of quality is still such a crapshoot.)

Quote Originally Posted by preacher
    I have very high hopes that a certain other villain in the dc universe could be pulled off. The character I 'm thinking of is practically a carbon copy of HIM.
    I have a feeling they'll stick to the Marvel characters as opposed to DC, but keep those high hopes anyway.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Oh, wow, I was trying to avoid spoilers, but Thanos is in this movie? Holy crap! Must see, must see, must see.

Note to Marvel: get rights to Silver Surfer back IMMEDIATELY.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

AWESOME movie! Just took my daughter to see it and we both enjoyed it very much!

Yeah, Thanos at the end of the movie was a bit of a surprise.
    May the force be with you.

I enjoyed it immensely though it does make me long for BTVS/Firefly films to be made. Longtime fans of Whedon's work will definitely feel a familiarity in tone.

I loved the 2nd credits easter egg btw. I'll most likely be seeing it again this weekend.

I finally got around to seeing this last Wednesday. Definitely lives up to the hype. I loved all the action in it of course, but the real surprise was how well they managed to mesh all these superheroes together without one or a few dominating the whole movie. There was just enough of everybody. I wasn't sure how well Loki would be for the main villain, but that was put to rest right away. He has a Hannibal Lecter quality to him. Well I can't wait for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    I finally got around to seeing this last Wednesday. Definitely lives up to the hype. I loved all the action in it of course, but the real surprise was how well they managed to mesh all these superheroes together without one or a few dominating the whole movie. There was just enough of everybody. I wasn't sure how well Loki would be for the main villain, but that was put to rest right away. He has a Hannibal Lecter quality to him. Well I can't wait for the next one.
    It took you long enough!

Yeah, Loki was a good villain, but the next film has WAY more potential IMO, especially with the guest appearance at the end of this film!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    It took you long enough!

Yeah, Loki was a good villain, but the next film has WAY more potential IMO, especially with the guest appearance at the end of this film!!!
    Its a rather busy time of year for me so I saw it later than I wanted to. I hope I'm not asking a dumb question, but who is that guy at the end? I thought they were going to bring back the Red Skull since he disappeared in a similiar way to Loki. The creature they show doesn't look like him, though.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Thanks. I'm not well versed on the Marvel universe and the end of the movie left me wondering who that guy was.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    Thanks. I'm not well versed on the Marvel universe and the end of the movie left me wondering who that guy was.
    Short answer, Marvels equivalent to Darkseid.