Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Avengers

I liked it. More humor (not just from Stark) than I expected. All the action in the big fight scene built up well with the exposition that seemed to go on and on (not a bad thing, though). There were a few "comics" insider comments, and I almost forgot about the Stan Lee cameo throughout the film. I loved the Thanos smile at the end. Stay after the credits for another "end" part. I'm not sure, but I think they may be planning a sequel...
    "That's what Sheev said."

Yes, there will be a sequel.
    May the force be with you.

Are you sure?

Name possibilities for this mythical "sequel" of which you speak:
    - Marvel Comics Group Inc. The Avengers Second Film
    - Re-Avengers
    - The Avengerers
    - The Avengers II: The Wrath of Than'
    - The Avengers: Assembled Again (or Some Assembly Required)
    - The Avengers: Expect a DC Justice League "Rip-Off" Soon
    - Super Hero Group Movie
    - Avengatar 3D
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Are you sure?

Name possibilities for this mythical "sequel" of which you speak:
    - Marvel Comics Group Inc. The Avengers Second Film
    - Re-Avengers
    - The Avengerers
    - The Avengers II: The Wrath of Than'
    - The Avengers: Assembled Again (or Some Assembly Required)
    - The Avengers: Expect a DC Justice League "Rip-Off" Soon
    - Super Hero Group Movie
    - Avengatar 3D
    I 'd!

My favorite one right there, Hollywood couldn't do any better!
    May the force be with you.

Even knowing about the purple guy (who wasn't played by Milton Berle), even seeing glimpses of him earlier that (having read spoilers) were recognizable, I still got goosebumps at the end. That evil grin juxtaposed against the "court death" line was golden. Golden. Such a subtle Easter egg; I don't think I've seen subtler. It's a cool send-off for everyone, but comic geeks will get the significance of the wording, even though I doubt (and hope) they don't go the traditional Infinity Gauntlet path here.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Even knowing about the purple guy (who wasn't played by Milton Berle), even seeing glimpses of him earlier that (having read spoilers) were recognizable, I still got goosebumps at the end. That evil grin juxtaposed against the "court death" line was golden. Golden. Such a subtle Easter egg; I don't think I've seen subtler. It's a cool send-off for everyone, but comic geeks will get the significance of the wording, even though I doubt (and hope) they don't go the traditional Infinity Gauntlet path here.
    I read they actually built an Infinity Gauntlet for the Thor movie with moving parts, so I suspect you will be seeing it in a sequel or spin-off sequel.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Yes, there will be a sequel.
    I'm not sure if it made enough money at the box office to warrant a sequel.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I was just on BoxOfficeMojo.com and they report that Avengers will pass $600 million at some point today and it's fully expected to surpass Titanic's original theatrical run of $600.8 million. Although it's unlikely to surpass Titanic's total domestic box office gross of $658.7 million, which includes the recent 3D rerelease, unless it sees a major rerelease at some point in the future.

It's awesome to see the movie doing so well. I thought it would be a success, but I'm not sure if anyone expected this level of success. I think this goes way beyond blockbuster movie and has officially crossed over into worldwide phenomenon territory.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I (finally) saw it the other day, I thought it was good but it was predictable.

Watched the blu ray and some of the extra features. Not many features here, kind of surprised. Yes there's 15 minutes of deleted scenes, and a few I did wonder why they pulled out (a recut on Cap's stuff would have been nice, for example, as well as Hawkeye and Loki in the catacombs) and a few I didn't (starting the film with Maria's testimony and bookending it with a cheap out) - I was howling at Hawkeye popping open his bow with no CGI. Film looks great on HDTV at least, although a bit darker than I remembered it in the theater (lux, not tone).

I tried the Second Screen app on my ipod, but holy crap is it distracting from the film, and long text isn't scrollable. Still, kinda nifty to control the blu-ray player with my device.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.