Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    and a few I didn't (starting the film with Maria's testimony and bookending it with a cheap out)
    I'm definitely glad that they nixed Maria Hill's opening scene because I felt that it oversold the events of the story and would have set the wrong tone for the movie. Based on her telling of it, I would have expected a somber tragedy to follow, not the lighthearted and fun film that we actually saw.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I'm definitely glad that they nixed Maria Hill's opening scene because I felt that it oversold the events of the story and would have set the wrong tone for the movie. Based on her telling of it, I would have expected a somber tragedy to follow, not the lighthearted and fun film that we actually saw.
    Agreed. Plus, it reeked of cheap TV storytelling, not the movie we got.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

They should've left the extended scene after Hulk falls from the Helicarrier, though. That explained quite a bit about his change of heart.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I did like that scene, but I guess they thought it might be better to get to the smashing as soon as possible. Maybe it will end up in an extended version of the movie at some point down the road.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    They should've left the extended scene after Hulk falls from the Helicarrier, though. That explained quite a bit about his change of heart.
    That scene also somewhat patches the hole of "why was he a rampaging monster before and now he's cool" - because Banner finds out that the Hulk aimed his fall. And it's a good scene, it plays well for both actors. That cameo by Harry Dean Stanton was great as was the cameo by Stan Lee, yet both cutscene cameos were WAY BETTER.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.