Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My interest here is of course "diorama building" to have everything seen on the screen (or most of the stunningly visual and speaking roles in their costume changes represented).

I don't purchase "improvement" characters like the umteenth Luke Tatooine, Vader, nor Jango Fett.

I understand their role in "selling the line," - primarily to newbie collectors who are just getting their first Vader or something like that because they were too young for "ages 4 and up" before hand, so it must be available on the pegs now.

However, for the "collectors' spots" in the Hasbro lineup, I don't think we yet have a Greedo figure with a working holster for his gun. You could argue that this is a new way to release an improvement. #%*! if I'd buy it, however. I own enough Greedo figures - but yes he's far more recognizeable than Nyrat Agira whom I like because she looked great in a thong, and she represents the fact that Coruscant is NOT a more alien world, but a human-centric one and Club Outlander represents the human nightlife in a galaxy far, far away - if only to contrast that from the Mos Eisley cantina. This makes me like the Mos Eisley cantina even more - though I have a strong desire to create dioramas that illustrate the difference between The Core and the Rim Worlds.

Is Bail a line-killer and representative of the failure of that 2008 wave? No. I don't think so. However, his speeder pilot outfit (though best a pack-in with the speeder vehicle itself) is from an action scene where the character was armed and would be accurately portrayed as (at least a little bit even) more fun for kids than his robes he just walked and talked in. As for his "cross armor" he wore in the Senate? Well he is a Senator and that's a good way to portray him.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Vintage Saga Collection Greedo has a working holster, as does the Saga Legends figure repainted from that which we got last year. Other improvements that Greedo got - a properly-scaled head; articulated ankles, wrists, elbows, and ball-jointed head; and a more accurately-sculpted outfit.

Bail Organa pegwarmed really hard that wave, almost as hard as his wife. The idea that it wasn't a wave-killer is dubious considering how badly that figure floundered.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

i think the only version of Bail Organa I would want to see made is the Rise of the Empire Speech version... otherwise I'm good on the Bail front..

perhaps if they released him in a battlepack with a senate pod, new padme and another senator then it would sell.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I like Bail, I like his figures, and I'd like more of them. But the fact that the last one sold so horrendously means I'm probably in the minority, and it's probably best for the health of the line that we don't see more of them (at least not for a while).

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Please no more Jimmy Smits action figures.
    Unless there's an LA Law action figure line.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Unless there's an LA Law action figure line.
    Excellent use of the goatee smiley.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think the Bail figure that tanked at the end of 2009 (B-A-D line) was due in part because he was the most "undesireable" Bail.

That figure (I bought 2) was in exactly 2 scenes - he appeared that way when he brought baby Leia home to Breah Organa (thus he should have been the Separation of the Twins exclusive and came with baby Leia - perhaps increasing his value) - and I think he wore that outfit when he greeted Anakin when the Jedi returned from rescuing the Chancellor at the beginning of ROTS.

The speeder pilot Bail is obviously from an action scene and Order 66. As a pack-in with his speeder, he'd work best. But it is a cool look for Bail.

The Senate "cross armor" outfit is the only other remaining Bail. Packed-in with a Senate Speaker Car? I think Bail would work out better carded. Folks building the Senate might want something like 12 to 20 Speaker Cars, but not that many Bails. Each diorama builder only wants one Bail from that scene to my knowledge. There's his vintage carded figure.

Now we get to the case that there is not a vintage carded Bail Organa. Sure, they could re-release his AOTC version or the Jedi Rescue version from ROTS, but a selling point for the Senate Cross ("Birth of the Empire") figure might be to get the speaking roles out on vintage cards for collectors. Thus they can sell another.

It will be over 3 years since we had a Bail Organa figure by the time Hasbro could get one out. He's been recognizeable in Clone Wars (where he also deserves a figure in "action gear") and it is a way to refresh the character. By today's standards, the AOTC figure sucks and the ROTS version saw both a carded and a Separation of the Twins re-release. Let's do something else.

I say "Bail Organa - Senate Chambers during the Birth of the Emprie."

Then the last one, the speeder pilot - which looks cool and would sell IMO (he has a blaster and he's NOT a clone, droid, or Jedi, but the man who saved the heroine Princess Leia when she was a baby) could come with the vehicle. What I don't want is a super-battlepack with another Zett Jukasa figure (yet again) - and I actually have enough 501st Clones, too.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I never even realized that Bail Organa wore multiple outfits in the Prequels, that's how little I cared about his character. I think the primary reason that his figure tanked is because most people don't care about his character. There was no reason to. It was a pointless role with a predictable, by-the-numbers performance from Jimmy Smits. Nothing to get excited about.

BigBarada, you are correct to a large degree.

2 things come to mind though:

a) He is Princess Leia's adopted father and his omission in the PT would probably irk a lot of people, too.

b) He represents a great opportunity for the EU to fix deplorable writing in the PT beginning with Padme's lame "I give up" death*

*A handmaiden could've been killed and put in the coffin and her parents in on "the lie." Or she could have been ministered a drug that simulated death - even faking out Obi-Wan Kenobi (but Yoda knew) - and while in a coma, she was taken to her "final resting place," made to look like she was still pregnant. Then BAIL ORGANA learns she is still alive and must keep her alive to reunite with Leia, and stay one step ahead of the Sith. That plan ends tragically of course - costing Breah Organa and Padme their lives - but after Leia "knew her mother," for a short while - maybe 3 or so years.