Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

The Jedi Force Collection

I thought we should have a thread to discuss the Jedi Force figures (new small size with vehicles).

Myself? I'm picking and choosing, buying only vehicles (the occasional figure) to complete my Galactic Heroes sets.

I got Luke's Landspeeder (props to Hasbro!)

I also bought JarJar (with CW Anakin).

I'm hoping for more vehicles that I can use with my GHs:

Sandcrawler
    TIE Fighter
    Sailbarge
    Imperial Shuttle
    Radiant 7
    Queen's Royal Starship
    AAT Tank
    Bongo Sub
    Sith Infiltrator
    Republic Gunship
    Geonosian fighter
    Dooku's solar sailor
    Droid Tri-Fighter
    General Grievous' fighter
    Padme's starskiff (they could use the figure-vehicle mold one)
    Grievous' Fighter

These might be the best choices for kids.

How about a Jedi Force version of the Hailfire Droid? The missiles are fixed on "bricks" below their launchers. Rolling the droid causes a spring mechanism to make the "bricks" rise and fall, so the missiles extend out of their launch tubes and fall back in as the droid rolls? No actual launching parts for kids to choke on. Yes / no?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

You might get your wish on the Tie-Fighter, Tycho. This popped up on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Forc.../dp/B0050QJPUK
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Tycho's thread seems to be more of a "Wish List" thread, but I guess it'll do.

I never really got into Galactic Heroes. I liked a lot of what I saw, but I was more into Super Hero Squad. I considered jumping on board a few times, but typically older releases were ungodly expensive on the secondary market. But with the end of GH and the start of Jedi Force, I decided to jump on board since I really liked wat I saw. It fixed some of the design issues I had with the old Galactic Heroes line. The squatting poses and lack of much articulation. Loving the simple packaging on these. Though I do worry that it's going to promote theft in the stores. The $5-$6 price point might help prevent that though, as it's fairly nice for what you get.

Picked up 3 sets so far. Anakin Skywalker/Jar Jar Binks, Darth Vader/Stormtrooper, and Han Solo/Chewbacca.

Anakin Skywalker & Jar Jar Binks:
    This is the set that kicked off my desire to collect these. Since I tend to buy everything Jar Jar for my collection. And comparing this Jar Jar to the same outfit version from Galactic Heroes shows this line is a clear winner. Really loving the Anakin Skywalker figure as well. The articulation is simple, but it really elevates these figures beyond the GH line. Only real complaint I have for this set, is the fact that it's Clone Wars themed rather than Prequel themed. But otherwise very cool. Hopefully if they do another Anakin or Jar Jar at some point, we get ones that are from the films. A note: Anakin's paintjob is slightly different on the version that comes with vehicles.

Darth Vader and Stormtrooper:
    I was going to get the Obi-Wan/Commander Cody set next, but the two they had showed some paint issues with Obi-Wan's beard. But I am pretty pleased with the Darth Vader and StormTrooper set. The Vader is clearly ANH inspired, given the red paint on the lenses of his mask. It could be a bit darker red, but it's a kids toy... and Vader needs a splash of color. The Stormtrooper is fantastic as well, and I hope we see an army builder pack at some point in this line. One for each movie would be great over time. Maybe... ANH: Stormtrooper/Rebel Fleet Trooper, ESB: Snowtrooper/Hoth Rebel Trooper, ROTJ: Biker Scout/Endor Rebel Soldier. Just a thought.

Han Solo and Chewbacca:
    I wasn't going to pick this set up initially, since I probably will get the Falcon set eventually with Han and Chewbacca. But I noticed that the Anakin and Obi-Wan figures have paint differences in the ones that come with vehicles. Not sure whether or not the same can be said for the Han/Chewbacca set though. But I am happy I picked it up. There isn't all that much to really say about Han Solo, other than I can't wait to get the Snowspeeder so I can get Hoth Han. Chewbacca's just awesome though, love his smile. And I like that they seem to care about scale for the line. As Vader, Chewbacca, and Jar Jar are somewhat taller than the others.

Beast, I can only hope the TIE you linked to is of the kind that I'd like.

More likely, it is the repackaged Darth Vader TIE that they already made for Galactic Heroes. The figures it includes are comprised of Vader and a Stormtrooper, rather than say, Wedge and a TIE Pilot.

Hasbro has a nice Vader TIE mold and it would make sense that they use it.

Thus far, they've re-employed (with some retooling):

The Falcon
    The Snowspeeder (I believe)

The other vehicles they already made for GH must be forthcoming.

Though I didn't want the prequel speeder bikes (and I do want prequel vehicles like the Gunship), it is nice that they offered these.

Hopefully, the JediForce line will strike a balance between GH re-releases, and all new molds like my beloved Landspeeder.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if it was just a repackaged Vader's TIE Fighter. Since I don't own it as of yet, since I'm never really got into the Galactic Heroes line. But I hope the regular TIE Fighter w/ TIE Pilot gets made also.

I just wish we'd hear some news about the next wave of the Jedi Force line. And hopefully there will be some more villains in the release as well. Since we only have Darth Vader and Stormtrooper. And a debatable Commander Cody, since he's not really a baddy until Order 66 is implemented.

I'm hoping for something like the following...

Qui-Gon Jinn & Darth Maul
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (AotC) & Count Dooku
    Grand Moff Tarkin & Princess Leia
    Lando Calrissian & Boba Fett
    Luke Skywalker (Jedi) & Emperor Palpatine

I'm definitely interested in a Qui-Gon Jinn from your list.

As you can imagine, my wants are more limited because I don't plan to repurchase items I have in the GH format.

I select my SideShow 12" in a similar manner (not re-buying what Hasbro covered).

Watching Scum's live coverage right now. More Jedi Force announced/shown during the Hasbro Panel.

"Darth Maul & Sith Speder, Obi-Wan Kenobi & Qui-Gon Jinn"

Awesome! Glad to see some more of these being released. And it makes sense to mine Episode 1.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jedi Force 2012.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	25490  

I'll be buying Qui-Gon for sure.

I think they're holding back on this line for the moment to see how it does - or for Toy Fair in February.

It looks like Target has an exclusive Adventure Pack for the line hitting shelves now. For $14.99

The Clone Wars Adventure Pack. Comes with Anakin, Obi-Wan, R2-D2, R4-P17, and 2 GH Destroyer Droids.

I know some Galactic Heroes fans may complain about the re-use, but it makes sense with these.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JF Pack Front.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	25644   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JF Pack Back.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	25645  

Looking forward to seeing the new wave. Got everything but Anakins ship, bike, obi's bike. Will most likely buy all of the upcoming as well. My kids love then\m...as do I...