Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Arrow Alma Mater: College Football 2011 Season

It's back!
    Ohio State wins against its typical in-state pushover, and without anyone else breaking NCAA rules! Pitt wins a home opener for its newest new coach. Youngstown St. wins... money for playing a BigTenOrTwelve opponent.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Well, my Colorado Buffs lost to Hawaii last night.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    It's back!
    Ohio State wins against its typical in-state pushover, and without anyone else breaking NCAA rules!
    That we know of... :snarky:

Badgers beat UNLV, as far as the D II and D III teams in Wisconsin...I don't care.

Nebraska beat Tennesee Chattanooga 40-7. I hope this was just a tune up game. The newly unveiled offense, although effective at times, was rather sloppy.

As expected, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University easily beat Appalachian State. The best news is nobody got hurt and actual game experience was gained by most of the team. Why beating them justifies moving up to number 11 in the polls is beyond me, but I just hope they do as well against East Carolina this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    Nebraska beat Tennesee Chattanooga 40-7. I hope this was just a tune up game. The newly unveiled offense, although effective at times, was rather sloppy.
    I can't wait for the Nebraska at Wisco game in a couple of weeks, should be awesome!

Wisconsin looks like the real deal. I hope our offense gets the kinks worked out of it by then. Although our defense is good, were going to have to score some points if we've got any shot at winning this game.

Nebraska beats a pesky Fresno State team 42-29. It was a tail of two halves. The first half, we played just awful. I was so disgusted, that I just about shut the TV off. FSU led at halftime 17-14. The second half, the offense showed up and with Abdullah's 100yd kickoff return, we put the game away. I was a little worried about this game because FSU has a reputation of making things miserable for ranked opponents. Pat Hill, FSU's coach, is also one of the more underrated coaches in the country.

CU suffered a tough overtime loss to Cal. 36-33!

Next week is CU vs. CSU at Mile High. Then on to Ohio State to get their butts handed to them.
    May the force be with you.

OSU sqeaks out a second-half comeback over Toledo, and Pitt wins a close one vs. Maine. But hey... YSU scores 77 and beats Valpo by over 60 points; go Penguins!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega