Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Football Fantasy '11

This will be a different season in my league for several reasons. Today's our draft (a farther distance to drive for the first time in 2 years), so I'll have a better idea of my new team's capabilities after selecting the 2011 Womp Rats tonight.

Is there still a SSG owner's league? Don't tell anyone, but this might be my last in this league (due to those aforementioned reasons/changes) and I might seek one where I know more of the owners, even "virtually" friendly people, for 2012 (if the world's still around, of course ).
    "That's what Sheev said."

I got the first overall pick (took a "sleeper" RB from the Vikings ), but did average at best with my other picks. Looks like my starters will be:
    QB (T.Romo DAL... only returning pick from last my year's team)
    RB (A.Peterson MIN, R.Grant GB)
    WR (M.Wallace PIT, B.Edwards SF)
    TE (V.Davis SF)
    Flex (?... M.Bush OAK? R.Williams CHI?)
    K (M.Crosby GB)
    DEF (Saints)

We shall see.

Hello? Anybody out there? No one wants to know that for the first time ever, my squad started the year with the worst record and lowest points scored. Hooray.

I won my first game with the second biggest blowout.

I love my team this year.
    QB: A. Rodgers
    WR: G. Jennings, M. Manningham, M. Austin, H. Ward, L. Moore, R. Meachem, D. Branch
    RB: R. Bush, R. Mathews, M. Ingram, T. Jones
    TE: K. Winslow
    DEF: Chicago
    K: M. Prater
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Wow. That is a stacked roster.

With twelve teams too. I couldn't believe they fell in my lap.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I have a quandry: start wounded Tony Romo, when by Monday night, there'd be no other options at QB; or flustered Jay Cutler who at least is likley to start (but maybe not finish) the game.

I'm up 63 points with my opponent starting Romo so I'm looking good for a 3-0 start. My two starting WR were out this week, but my Saint reserves came up big, L. Moore 18.8 points - R. Meachem 11.1 points. I am currently in the market for a RB as T. Jones and R.Bush are looking like duds but if R. Mathews score me 26.9 a week then I will be fine.

I'm really upset that my league won't let me play run and shoot considering how many great wideouts I have.

I need Romo to score about 35 tonight, but not use Witten to do so. Likely? Unlikely...

Mark Sanchez needs to have an exceptionally poor night tomorrow for my Womp Rats to be at 4-2 after six weeks in (but the realist in me sees 3-3).