Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast
    Definitely! But I'm going to take my time and enjoy it. Part of the fun of prop collecting is acquiring the pieces.

Here are some of the parts I've acquired thus far. The pics didn't turn out as well as I would've of liked, so I'll try to take some better ones later. I did a quick mockup of the helmet and chest armor. I think it matches up pretty well. I've read how some chest armor doesn't match up well with the neckeline of the helmet, but I think it looks alright.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vaderproj 020.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	28259   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vaderproj 021.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	28260   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vaderproj 026.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	28261   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vaderproj 027.jpg 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	28262   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vaderproj 029.jpg 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	28263  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vaderproj2 003.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	28264   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vaderproj2 006.jpg 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	28265   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vaderproj 041.jpg 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	28266   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vaderproj2 008.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	28267  

Very nice so far
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I really like collecting WWI memorabilia. The spiked helmets you see with the covers are actually repros, but really good ones. The real ones are either beat up, or really expensive. The green one has a German dog tag on it that I got from Riga, Latvia. The tan one has an iron cross 2nd class attached to it. On the right is a Russian winter hat with the commie emblems on it. Behind the Vader helmet is an actual 1915 German spiked helmet that I acquired on the internet. I also have an actual French adrian helmet and a US army one as well. If I get some time, I will try to take a few pics these and a few other items I have.

Cool ST, very cool! I'd love to get my hands on a WWI German helmet. Actually I'd like a US WWII helmet as well (Army).

I just did a quick search on the interwebs and the prices I found don't look all that bad, although I don't know how good the gear is...

Just based on what I've seen on ebay, good original covers seem to go for just about what a decent spiked helmet goes for. I guess I think its expensive when a simple cloth cover goes for what the helmet costs.

I'd like a spiked helmet, something to put on display....somewhere I don't know where.

If you can afford it, I'd suggest getting a real one. Most of the repros out there look bad when compared with a real one. If you do decide to get a real one, take the time and do alot of research. There are a fair amount of fakes out there, but with the right info,they are easy to spot.

What are you talking price wise? Both for a real one and a repo, it doesn't surprise me that you say there are a ton of fakes.