Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love the limited version. This and the siman stuntrooper helmet are the pride of my collection. It was a poor attempt at sarcasm. I really savored there unboxing. Took my own sweet time putting the stand and helmet together. I wish i would've gotten in on that $200 off deal that redfordfilms offered. I preordered with them last year for the full price. When i get some time I'll try to get some pics posted.

I got the Luke X-Wing helmet earlier this year and I really like this as well. It's pretty well done and i don't mind that its made out of fiberglass either. The weathering could be done a little better, but that's my only complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love the limited version. This and the siman stuntrooper helmet are the pride of my collection. It was a poor attempt at sarcasm. I really savored there unboxing. Took my own sweet time putting the stand and helmet together. I wish i would've gotten in on that $200 off deal that redfordfilms offered. I preordered with them last year for the full price. When i get some time I'll try to get some pics posted.

I got the Luke X-Wing helmet earlier this year and I really like this as well. It's pretty well done and i don't mind that its made out of fiberglass either. The weathering could be done a little better, but that's my only complaint.
    Good, good, just wanted to be sure, I can't imagine not digging it even if you did pay full price.

Cool on the Luke X-wing helmet, glad you dig that as well. My sister saw the weathering last night and was very impressed, so if you're not a fanatical obsessive fan like we are it's great-looking, I had to convince her nothing would happen if she put her hand on it.

My 2 nagging flaws with the helmet are
    A) The Rebel insignia isn't quite big enough, so it's set in the wrong place (this is a very nitpicky one, but I can't seem to shake it);
    B) Having it in person from other angles, I can't help but see the Vietnam-era pilot helmet it's based off!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The base from the efx Vader is huge when compared to the stands from other efx products(17"x16" I believe). By itself, I think it looks a bit odd. However, it makes it ideal for placing a cover on. Some guys over on RS have had an acrylic cover made for it and it looks good on it, not to mention keeping the dust away. I've got one on order from Acrylic-Designs out of Arizona. They have already made some for other efx Vader owners, who have had nothing but good things to say about them.

JT, your absolutely right about the Vietnam pilot helmet being pretty obvious on the X-Wing helmet. If you got rid of the mohawk and painted it olive drab, it would like something out of Apocalypse Now.

I got my CFO ROTJ Stormtrooper helmet today. I had the clean version made with the original style webbing in it. It definitely has a different look from the ANH/ESB versions. I'd have to say that it seems more warped than the ANH/ESB, which is great IMO. I remember reading somewhere that the ROTJ version was just a recast of an ANH helmet, so I thought it seems a little odd that it is actually more warped. I think CFO used thicker ABS than the SiMan helmet, or it just seems that way. Its very well made and has a very solid feel to it. Now all I need is a hero ANH & ESB stormtrooper helmets and I'll have all the stormtrooper helmets I want........maybe.

I got my CFO ROTJ Stormtrooper helmet today. I had the clean version made with the original style webbing in it. It definitely has a different look from the ANH/ESB versions. I'd have to say that it seems more warped than the ANH/ESB, which is great IMO. I remember reading somewhere that the ROTJ version was just a recast of an ANH helmet, so I thought it seems a little odd that it is actually more warped. I think CFO used thicker ABS than the SiMan helmet, or it just seems that way. Its very well made and has a very solid feel to it. Now all I need is a hero ANH & ESB stormtrooper helmets and I'll have all the stormtrooper helmets I want........maybe.
    Congrats! CfO is a beautiful helmet, mine was the last from the Joe R. mold. Some people don't like the wonky narrow look of the ROTJ TK helmets but I think they are neat. The details are a bit more soft than on ANH and ESB helmets, ears are glued on, and indeed there were different stickers used for ROTJ. Do you have any pics?

Here is mine:

http://youtu.be/bYAvC_clmq4
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I don't have any pics for right now. I have a bunch of props that I want to take pics of and post here, but I want to do a good job on it an not just half *** it. When I do get to it, there will be alot of pics.

When I first ordered the CFO helmet, I knew i would like it, but I figured probably not as much as the SiMan helmet. Now that I have it in hand, I think it ranks right up there. It doesn't have as many warts and bumps like the Siman helmet, but I sure like how warped and deformed the thing is. Thats the beauty of it. Whats the story behind the molds? You said you have one of the last from the Joe R mold. I assume that mine is from a different one. Is one mold better from the other, or just different?

Joe R. owns a screen used ROTJ helmet with all the papers and everything. He made a mold and CfO used it for a few helmets. Then the mold was sold to someone else alas.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

The base from the efx Vader is huge when compared to the stands from other efx products(17"x16" I believe). By itself, I think it looks a bit odd. However, it makes it ideal for placing a cover on. Some guys over on RS have had an acrylic cover made for it and it looks good on it, not to mention keeping the dust away. I've got one on order from Acrylic-Designs out of Arizona. They have already made some for other efx Vader owners, who have had nothing but good things to say about them.

JT, your absolutely right about the Vietnam pilot helmet being pretty obvious on the X-Wing helmet. If you got rid of the mohawk and painted it olive drab, it would like something out of Apocalypse Now.
    Acrylic case, nice. I'm lucky that the X-wing helmet is pre-weathered, makes dust a no-problem.

The mowhawk and visor really are all that stand between it and a lot of war flicks. I did some research and it appears they built out the upper part beyond just the mowhawk, yet somehow that military helmet look shows right through once you see it in person. I still dig the whole thing though.

Pretty killer. How much did it run you?

I saw photos of the uglied up CFO ROTJ bucket, I think it's a good call that you went with clean, just feels somehow more right despite not being as accurate.

I want to get an ESB helmet I think, but haven't seen many, and I am kinda torn on the hero bubble lenses thing from the ANH helmet as I do prefer that look.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiurusu View Post
    Congrats! CfO is a beautiful helmet, mine was the last from the Joe R. mold. Some people don't like the wonky narrow look of the ROTJ TK helmets but I think they are neat. The details are a bit more soft than on ANH and ESB helmets, ears are glued on, and indeed there were different stickers used for ROTJ. Do you have any pics?

Here is mine:

http://youtu.be/bYAvC_clmq4
    The stickers on the ROTJ one, yikes. Someone out there took that CFO and put the same level of quality (or lack thereof) on it and man does it look different.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

The stickers on the ROTJ one, yikes. Someone out there took that CFO and put the same level of quality (or lack thereof) on it and man does it look different.
    Not sure what to understand from your message but CfO makes ROTJ helmets and not ANH or ESB. The decals and stickers are VERY accurate being made from the screen used Joe R. helmet. Yeah, even the tube stripes are very accurate and they are quite different from the ANH and ESB versions. CfO offers clean or weathered helmets, personally I went with clean, though one day I might go with another, weathered this time, especially since they use a different mold.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

JT, the helmet set me back $608(I hope my wife doesn't read these forums), that includes trackable shipping and getting the original style of webbing inside. I decided to get the clean version because it was an extra $40 for the weathering, which made it only look a little bit dirty. As far as accuracy, its not accurate compared to stormtroopers on Endor, but its just fine for those on the DSII.

If you are wanting an ESB helmet, I would recommend having a SiMan stuntrooper helmet made up in ESB colors. I haven't contacted him about it yet, but it shouldn't be to hard for him to do that. Basically the only difference is that it has a black frown rather than grey. If you wanted bubble lenses, he might be able to even install those for you as well, although all ESB helmet were stunt helmets, so their lenses are flat.

I want to have an ESB helmet made as well, but not quite sure how I want it done. I'd like to use the SiMan helmet, but I want it different from the ANH version I have. I was thinking about making a beat up ESB version. SiMan casts the helmet in green HDPE, so I thought about having just the kit sent out to me, and trying to put it together myself. This way I could put in all the chipped paint and other details I want on it. I think I could do the assembly, but I'd be nervous about the paint job because of my limited skills and experience.