Disney now selling high end TFA prop replicas

Disney Lucasfilm has started a high end prop replica store, the Ultimate Studio Edition line made by Propshop at Pinewood Studios, in an attempt to be the most accurate prop replicas ever (or the most expensive, you choose).

https://collectibles.starwars.com/

Currently the line is just from The Force Awakens and exclusive to the USA. They'll ship in crates inspired by actual screen used props, and the COAs will have an authentication chip in them.

Prices start at $1250 and go to $3500. Some are limited to just 500 piece runs.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I wouldn't mind the melted Vader helmet or the Kylo Ren saber, but they're way to expensive for me. There are many fan made products which are just as good and a fraction of the price. Someone over on therpf is selling a very nice melted Vader helmet for around $500(unfinished) I think. I have on order, a Luke/Rey ESB saber for around $195, so there is a huge price difference. I do wonder if this will eat into efx's business.

I watched a vid of Adam Savage from Mythbusters, who has a Kylo Ren helmet. I gotta admit that it looks pretty awesome. I don't know if its $2000 awesome. Sounds like they 3d print them, which is fine, but Adam says that exposure to sun deteriorates them, which is kind of a bummer for anyone who wants to troop in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    I wouldn't mind the melted Vader helmet or the Kylo Ren saber, but they're way to expensive for me. There are many fan made products which are just as good and a fraction of the price. Someone over on therpf is selling a very nice melted Vader helmet for around $500(unfinished) I think. I have on order, a Luke/Rey ESB saber for around $195, so there is a huge price difference. I do wonder if this will eat into efx's business.
    I did also think about poor eFX who has slowly carved their little niche out when this news hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    I watched a vid of Adam Savage from Mythbusters, who has a Kylo Ren helmet. I gotta admit that it looks pretty awesome. I don't know if its $2000 awesome. Sounds like they 3d print them, which is fine, but Adam says that exposure to sun deteriorates them, which is kind of a bummer for anyone who wants to troop in them.
    They 3D print them and don't make them out of materials meant to last, that's a little weird. I get they want to make them screen-accurate as possible, but if they cost as much as be a used Camry, they should at least last as long.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

Kylo Ren - came from Space Brooklyn, although he moved to Space Williamsburg before it was trendy.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    They 3D print them and don't make them out of materials meant to last, that's a little weird. I get they want to make them screen-accurate as possible, but if they cost as much as be a used Camry, they should at least last as long.

I think most makers typically 3d print a prop and then make a cast off of that so they can use a more durable material. If I'm going to spend that much money on a prop, it had better outlive me.

Blog Entries
    The prices for these is very high IMO. I'd rather get a real Graflex and convert it to Rey's saber than getting one a lot more expensive from these guys. Though glad I don't care about collecting TFA, despite the fact I kinda liked the movie
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback