Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    Looks great!! It'd be cool to try some different lighting angles to see if you can max out the creep factor. Not that he doesn't look creepy to begin with.

On another note, I got an email from redfordfilms that they will charge my card for the Limited Vader on Friday and they will start shipping them out next week. ITS CHRISTMAS IN AUGUST!!!
    As promised some more pics. BTW congrats on the Vader helmet!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elm-Studios Emperor Palpatine bust 07.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	26557Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elm-Studios Emperor Palpatine bust 08.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	26558Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elm-Studios Emperor Palpatine bust 12.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	26559Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elm-Studios Emperor Palpatine bust 17.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	26556Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elm-Studios Emperor Palpatine bust 14.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	26560
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I like the angle and lighting on the last two the best.
    Thanks.

Temporary display for Palpatine bust:

Name:	Emperor Palpatine termporary display 02.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	26565
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Wherever you decide to display it, I think I'd go with the light placement like that. It really captures the Emperor's look in ROTJ.

Wherever you decide to display it, I think I'd go with the light placement like that. It really captures the Emperor's look in ROTJ.
    Thanks. Personally I never really liked the Sideshow Palpatine bust, I passed on it numerous times, it had that weird grin which was not too ROTJ, but more PT. I always wanted an Emperor as seen in ROTJ, and this was it: the apparently calm, but evil and powerful Emperor, who manipulated everyone including Vader, Luke and the Rebels, who looked aged, but in fact, behind the old man mask, well hidden, there were the real Dark Force powers. This bust really shows that concealed power of the Emperor.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Last picture of the Emperor for now:

Name:	palps.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	26575

I'll be in hospital for a few days, having some medical examinations. Hope the replacement plaque will arrive soon as well, but I'm also waiting for the C6 Ian McDiarmid autographed plaque too, I went with Official Pix and their cool C6 send-in service.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Hope all goes well for you.
    Thank you.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

It's finally here! ! I finally received my Vader helmet today(#368). Even though it is only the Limited version, it still great. I was surprised that even though it was cleaned up, it still retains alot of "defects". I'll try to post pics of this and some of my other acquisitions hopefully soon.

Congrats, Snowtrooper! Having seen the Limited next to the Legend at Comic-Con, I appreciate them both (I saw them together at Wondercon in April but I was sick and don't remember them that well) but the Limited actually seemed more like the one I'd want to own, the brush strokes and little extra flaws on the Legend seemed cool but not quite the experience I'd want since it's a replica of one-off issues. Redford has the Limited at a great price of $200 off retail, that's what you got, right? You definitely shouldn't feel like you "only" got a Limited, that's for sure. So, did you have fun unboxing it? Can't wait to see the photos.

I finally unboxed the ANH Luke X-wing Helmet I won at Comic-Con (trivia question from eFX at the Lucaslicensing SW Collectibles Update panel, I was the only person who knew the answer), it's the first unboxing I've done on a helmet since I photographed the AOTC Clone Trooper helmet a few years ago (sadly I had to mail that piece along to the next outlet, it gave me a whole new appreciation for that helmet design). The X-wing helmet is very nice, I like the way the piece feels in-hand, it has substance even if that substance isn't accurate to the prop. The deco looks great aside from an insignia on the lower left "cheek" which looks lazy and wasn't in the film in anywhere I could see. Also the weathering is simply not accurate to any scene, but I like it this way as it looks like someone recently used it. Some of the inaccuracies I knew about are there like the off-center V and the placement of the Rebel insignia, pretty nice. Without the leather ear pads I was able to wear it even, and it's no wonder Luke had to use the Force to make that shot! I'm not so sure about the angle of the mic cable sticking out of the lining, but otherwise it's quite a nice setup. Assembling the stand correctly was a little challenging because there's a small clear washer and it required logic to discern where it went, also I dislodged the metal base of the chief acrylic and had to realign it. It's already gotten a lot of attention from my guests, I have it on the table with a bunch of my birthday and Comic-Con hauls but it still stands out. So there you have it, my first helmet replica, even though it's eFX and not fan-made.

Oh, and it's #727/750.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.