Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Absolutely awesome!! What a superb looking piece. The armor and chest box look great and really complete helmet. I've always loved the detailing on the back of the armor and it looks spot on. The placquard is really nice as well. This is one item I'm hoping to acquire next year, although it might be just the helmet and chestbox. So who made up the chest box and armor for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    Absolutely awesome!! What a superb looking piece. The armor and chest box look great and really complete helmet. I've always loved the detailing on the back of the armor and it looks spot on. The placquard is really nice as well. This is one item I'm hoping to acquire next year, although it might be just the helmet and chestbox. So who made up the chest box and armor for you?
    Thanks. The armor and helmet are LAWS, one of the best armorers out there (people even wait 2 years for their stuff) and the bust is SDS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WARTLMgvDtI&feature=plcp

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Comparison SDS TIE Fighter Pilot & Laws AT-AT Driver.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	26747Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laws AT-AT Driver email.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	26748Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laws AT-AT Driver helmet & armor 24.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	26750Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laws AT-AT Driver helmet & armor 26.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	26751Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laws AT-AT Driver helmet & armor 27.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	26752Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laws AT-AT Driver helmet & armor 28.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	26753
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I'm curious, how much of a difference is there between the SDS TIE and the LAWS AT-AT Driver? I've seen some pics where there is a notable difference in size between the two, but from your pics there doesn't look like there is any.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    I'm curious, how much of a difference is there between the SDS TIE and the LAWS AT-AT Driver? I've seen some pics where there is a notable difference in size between the two, but from your pics there doesn't look like there is any.
    The differences are very subtle and nothing major. Both are great. If LAWS won't answer you, since it happens, you can always try www.FarAwayCreations.com
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

So, a buddy of mine has been into Muppets and Marvel aftermarket stuff, and he said that once Disney took over control of those brands that they cracked down hard on grey-market / aftermarket producers. He applied that to Disney buying Star Wars, and the first thing I thought of was this thread. But the aftermarket stuff for Star Wars is a thriving multinational community, I'm not sure they could shut it down if they wanted, and it certainly would make doing 501st Legion stuff very challenging (they'd likely be a prime focus of Disney's were they to do this). So, think this is an issue, or what?

Great AT-AT Driver bust, very cool.

You can really see the difference in the comparison between the Lone Wolf Scout Trooper helmet and the KS, I can see why you sold the latter as the LW has a lot better and more accurate detail even to my untrained eye.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    So, a buddy of mine has been into Muppets and Marvel aftermarket stuff, and he said that once Disney took over control of those brands that they cracked down hard on grey-market / aftermarket producers. He applied that to Disney buying Star Wars, and the first thing I thought of was this thread. But the aftermarket stuff for Star Wars is a thriving multinational community, I'm not sure they could shut it down if they wanted, and it certainly would make doing 501st Legion stuff very challenging (they'd likely be a prime focus of Disney's were they to do this). So, think this is an issue, or what?

Great AT-AT Driver bust, very cool.

You can really see the difference in the comparison between the Lone Wolf Scout Trooper helmet and the KS, I can see why you sold the latter as the LW has a lot better and more accurate detail even to my untrained eye.

The 501st are already discussing this issue, some are worried they might get closed down by Disney. The same with some unlicensed armor producers. We'll have to see how this develops, hopefully Disney to be intelligent and to care about community more than $ in their pockets...

The KS was a cool helmet but not too accurate. It has a plus though, being a bit larger is good for 501st troopers with bigger heads or for those wearing glasses. Plus I wouldn't dare to trooper in a piece of art like a LW
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I would think Disney cannot close down the 501st since they are a non-profit charitable fan organization, but the making of costumes for other than personal use would be something Disney might come down on them pretty hard if their members get caught doing it. Sounds like a very frustrating place to be stuck not knowing what to expect after a decade of being a significant organization that's enjoyed the blessing of Lucas. Disney has shown to be very protective of their copyrights though, even when they're not selling an alternate licensed version, so I wouldn't be surprised if this gets challenging fast.

Good point about the helmet sizes, I hadn't considered that, I've seen some big-headed troopers at events the last few years and they obviously can't just scale up the perfect design. I dunno how much the KS vs the LW went for though, but if it were me I'd want to wear the most accurate one possible.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Too bad the licensed armors are crap, and some of the helmets like MR and eFX are cool, but being made of fiberglass not really perfect for trooping. Personally I'm not into trooping, I prefer keeping the collection on display. Though trying both the KS and LW I would prefer the KS for trooping being larger and lighter. I would not cry when hitting or rubbing that on a wall, but would do for sure with a LW of eFX Scout.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

There is plenty of room for licensed and unlicensed replicas. But I suppose that Disney wont see it that way. All they'll be seeing is $$$$.

We may see it as plenty of room for both, but I'm sure Museum Replicas feels otherwise for all the money they put into getting their costume license. Is there an official hard-armor licensee? I thought Museum Replicas was the only licensee for costumes and they only did soft goods.