Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    They indeed used various types of scopes for the blasters in SW. Personally I like my props accurate so having for example the Sterling E-11 blaster with a real Eagle Hengstler counter and a M38 tank scope was a no brainer. I like the MR E-11, but it is a bit too idealized for my taste.
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Some of you may be familiar with my real deact. Sterling E-11 Stormtrooper blaster with genuine M38 (and M40) tank scope, real Eagle Hengstler counter, accurate cylinders and T-tracks. I just upgraded the cylinders with a real trio of capacitors not, just copies. I also added an metallic Imperial logo on the base. I know I worked hard to make this blaster as accurate as possible, and I'm glad how it turned out.

In the end the Sterling Stormtrooper blaster remains my top favorite collectible. This piece simply screams "Star Wars" and with all its moving parts is like a real blaster. Everyone seeing my collection in person, after I tell them what it is, want to see it closely and even hold it - though holding it is a very hard to give privilege.

It is a very sturdy blaster, it's the real deal, maybe someone even used it in some war. I have the MR Stormtrooper blaster too (I even had a disassembled MR one), but the Sterling is not a metal pipe replica blaster like the MR E-11. I could even beat someone with it LOL, and not worry it will break, something I wouldn't dare with the MR blaster.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sterling Stormtrooper Blaster 44.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	27340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sterling Stormtrooper Blaster 45.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	27341Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sterling Stormtrooper Blaster 46.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	27342Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sterling Stormtrooper Blaster 47.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	27343
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Great work there. How long did it take you to get this far with all the authentic elements? (I don't dare ask how much it cost, labors of love don't work that way.) I dunno about that plaque's numbering, are you sure that's number 1 of 1?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Great work there. How long did it take you to get this far with all the authentic elements? (I don't dare ask how much it cost, labors of love don't work that way.) I dunno about that plaque's numbering, are you sure that's number 1 of 1?
    Thanks JT. That plaque came with the Sterling when first I bought it, the seller never mentioned it but I was really happy to see it next to the deact. certificate. I got my Sterling about a year ago and since then I upgraded it constantly. It came with accurate t-tracks installed, some cylinders (not the most accurate) and with genuine M40 scope. I got a real M-38 scope later thus replacing the M40 (which I still keep for a different look if necessary) and a new scope rail, this time made of solid steel, the one it came with was narrower and made of brass.

Then I got a real Eagle Hengstler counter with metal socket, since this is one of the types used for the Stormie blasters. I also had a stand made for it and a second plaque describing E-11 details. More recently I got a new set of cylinders and was very happy to get 3 capacitors like the screen used ones to add to my cylinders set. So indeed a lot of work over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    Lookin good! Wish it was mine!
    Thank you Snowtrooper
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Here's an official 25th Anniversary Terminator jacket along with Gargoyle sunglasses that I purchased a few years back. The jacket is well made and very heavy. It could be used for riding motorcycles if you really wanted. The overall shape of the jacket is an "athletic cut" like the one Arnie wore for the movie, which means that its a bit of a pain to zip the jacket up over my gut. The glasses are like the ones from the movie. They make two types of Gargoyle glasses like these. One is the standard size and the other is an "85", which is a little smaller. I got the glasses off of ebay for half price. They were supposed to be defective/damaged, but the only thing I could find was an extremely small pit on the lens that wasn't even in the line of sight. I've got a toy gun that I was going to put a laser sight and put on the inside of the jacket some time in the future. As much as I love SW, if I was ever going to dress up for a convention, I think I'd come as the T1 Terminator.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czterm 050.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	27372   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czterm 051.jpg 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	27373   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czterm 052.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	27374   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czterm 053.jpg 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	27375   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czterm 054.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	27376  

Name:	czterm 055.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	27377  

Heres a CZ3 unfinished resin droid head that I got from Zorg over on the RPF. Its definitely a very strange design. I think this was one of the original submissions for the Vader design, but thankfully they went with what they did. This is going to be my first attempt at painting a prop, so wish me luck. I don't think that the paint job is overly complicated. The hard part will be be getting the weathering to look like it wasn't intentionly put on. Its probably not going to have a screen accurate paint job, as thats a little beyond my abilities right now. I'm debating about painting it just a straight gloss white, or using a creme color to give it a sun yellowed appearance.

I'll post some pics hopefully in the near future when I have it finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czterm 041.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	27378   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czterm 042.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	27379   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czterm 043.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	27380   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czterm 044.jpg 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	27381   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czterm 045.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	27382  

Name:	czterm 046.jpg 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	27383   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czterm 047.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	27384   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czterm 048.jpg 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	27385   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	czterm 049.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	27386  

Very cool Terminator jacket and glasses. You might want to get a custom Arnie/Terminator head and a mannequin and make it a 1:1. As for the CZ3 indeed it is a strange looking robot. I was talking last week with Dan Laws about the SW droids and how much both of us like the Jawa/Death Star Droid. Maybe one day he will make it too, and I, being an Imperial collector, would get it for sure.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Very cool stuff, I didn't know there was an anniversary jacket for Terminator, that's kinda cool.

CZ3's chest is from an unused Vader, but the head always reminded me of a riff on Metropolis' Maria robot more anything.

I can't wait to see what you come up with for the paint.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiurusu View Post
    Very cool Terminator jacket and glasses. You might want to get a custom Arnie/Terminator head and a mannequin and make it a 1:1. As for the CZ3 indeed it is a strange looking robot. I was talking last week with Dan Laws about the SW droids and how much both of us like the Jawa/Death Star Droid. Maybe one day he will make it too, and I, being an Imperial collector, would get it for sure.
    I've thought about the mannequin. It'd be nice to have the Arnie head with the missing eye that lights up. but between my props and 3 3/4 in collection, room is becoming an issue. I'm also planning on doing a full sized stormtrooper. I've got the rest of the armor coming form RSPropmasters plus some really nice boots off of ebay. I need to look around to find a proper mannequin for that plus some of the accessories(belt, blaster, etc). I wouldn't mind having a DSD as well. If I'm not mistaken, I think that was also another rejected Vader design, but still cool non the less.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Very cool stuff, I didn't know there was an anniversary jacket for Terminator, that's kinda cool.

CZ3's chest is from an unused Vader, but the head always reminded me of a riff on Metropolis' Maria robot more anything.

I can't wait to see what you come up with for the paint.
    I got the jacket off of BBTS when they were clearancing them out, so I basically picked it up for a little over half price. Still plenty expensive.

Didn't know that CZ3's chest was also part of an unused Vader. Interesting. I think Zorg has a pic somewhere of the CZ3 head with the Vader helmet on it. Makes for a very sad looking Vader.

I just hope I don't screw up the paint job. I'm inexperienced plus not the most artistically inclined, but I think the overall paint job isn't that tough. The weathering will be the hard part. It'd be a shame to ruin such a nice looking prop.