Serg, I see what your talking about with the wire loops. I probably wouldn't have known they were inaccurate until you told me. Its an awesome looking prop. I don't know exactly what it is about it, but I really want one now. As for the link you posted, those were the pics that inspired me to try out this project. I'm taking alot of inspiration from those.

JT, I see what you and Serg are saying about how plain it is. It needs more than just one color of weathering. I am a little reluctant to do too much around the phlange area. In normal light, it really looks like it was left out in the rain, water pooled up in the corners, and made it rusty. I think I'm going to add in some of the black smudges/weathering and see what it does for it. I have to be really careful from here on out. The wrong color or too much more weathering will screw it up. I've been mixing the paints with thinners and rubbing alcohol on a sponge and just dabbing it and wiping it off. I've kinda got a technique that seems to work fairly well. It really didn't take near the experimenting I thought to get something to looks decent. I'm going to work on it tonight and hopefully have some pics up soon. I have a Sony camera I got about 7 years ago that I've been taking pictures with. I'll give your suggestions a try, or try to light it a bit different when I'm taking pics. Thanks for the suggestions.