Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    I'd swear if you compared yours with an original one, you wouldn't be able to the difference between the two. Its a real educational experience watching you upgrading the blaster. There is so much I never noticed until you made your uprgrades. Its really giving me the urge to try to do what you've done, but it might have to wait awhile. Thats a great prize to have in your collection!
    Thank you! I strive for accuracy especially when talking about some of the collectibles I own, and the Sterling E-11 conversion is one of them. Not sure if there is any original screen used ANH E-11 blaster made of a Sterling still left 100% the way it was filmed in SW back then. Even the ones sold at official auctions, were resin casts of original Sterlings (they used resin casts in SW too), or even if they were (Bapty) Sterlings they were stripped naked long ago, being returned to their original sub-machine gun look (and used in other movies as SMG) - and the auction house simply added some t-tracks they found, a scope and a Hengstler counter - many times inaccurate (they didn't do the research like some of the fans did).

So with this upgraded conversion I'm happy I got even closer to the screen used iconic Stormtrooper blaster. I also own an extra set of Gino and Marv t-tracks, ready to replace and be added at any time. The old Joerg custom cylinders I had till now on my Sterling are pretty cool on their own, also made with genuine Metalmite capacitors like the screen used ones, but they are a bit more idealized. Maybe I'll add them to the Master Replicas E-11 or sell them
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Display

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SterlingStormtrooperBlaster47.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	28093
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Excellent. I hope this wasn't asked before, but where did you get the stand for it?

Excellent. I hope this wasn't asked before, but where did you get the stand for it?
    Thanks. The stand is made by a good friend of mine, a very talented 501st member who also made the Merr-Sonn Power 5 blaster stand. The E-11 stand is made with aluminum and solid black ABS base to mimic the MR stands (which were made of wood painted black though), and you can even add an acrylic case on top of it if want to - but to be honest I won't add a case, because this is a prop that asks to be taken in hands from time to time.

The rods holding the Stormtrooper blaster are solid aluminum with 2 steel holders, which have protective black foam on them (unlike MR) to protect the blaster from scratching. My own blaster came with an Icons type plaque and I also made a custom made one with details about E-11.

I wanted this stand to reflect an Imperial armory, and not to have a mirror on base. I never like mirror bases for blasters or studio scale land vehicles. The mirror bases are ok for space fighters/ships and for elegant lightsabers, but not for rough blasters. This stand will not crack like some mirrors cracked on the MR Stormie blaster due to its weight.
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

Here's my Pugman ESB background blaster. Its cast from an original ESB background blaster, so it has a very rough and crude appearance, which the original did. It is made out of resin, also like the original, although I think you can get a rubber version from RS Propmasters. I tried to take pics that would pick up all of the rough detailing that it has. I think there is supposed to be a white piece of plastic on the front of the scope, which I might get sometime later. I got it off of a member from the RPF, who gave me a pretty good deal on it. Serg, your probably familiar with this since you commented on it a bit in the for sale section. As you said, its a very underrated blaster.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pugman 185.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	28177   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pugman 186.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	28178   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pugman 187.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	28179   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pugman 188.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	28180   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pugman 189.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	28181  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pugman 190.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	28182   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pugman 191.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	28183   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pugman 192.jpg 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	28184   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pugman 193.jpg 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	28185   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pugman 194.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	28186  

Congrats, very cool! I do own one myself so I know this is a very cool blaster: post 164 Mine is the one RS had on their Facebook page, made of black resin. I guess you can contact RS for the missing scope lenses. This blaster is not for everyone, I've seen 501st members who don't like it. But I love it exactly because of its roughness, it screams Star Wars prop all over
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I could understand why its not for everyone. I'm sure there are those who would rather have the "hero" look blaster as opposed to the background. I really like its crude appearance. Like the RS stunt helmet, all the scratches and scuffs give it character. I'll contact RS to see if they have the scope lenses for it.

I could understand why its not for everyone. I'm sure there are those who would rather have the "hero" look blaster as opposed to the background. I really like its crude appearance. Like the RS stunt helmet, all the scratches and scuffs give it character. I'll contact RS to see if they have the scope lenses for it.
    BTW did you get the scope lenses?
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I haven't yet. I've been working on another project so I kinda forgot about it. I'm planning on making a full size ANH Vader. I'm just in the gathering items stage right now. I got an ANH Limited Vader helmet off of the RPF for a really good price. I also got an AP ANH cod from the RPF. I bought some shin armor and gloves off of ebay which, as far as I can tell look pretty close to the original. Lastly, I recently bought some unfinished chest armor off of ebay. I kinda took a chance on it. The guy said it was cast off an original, but alot of guys make that claim. The pics looked good and when I got it, I compared it to photos of originals, and it looks like it matches up pretty well. I'll try to post pics of everything, maybe next week some time, since this is a real busy time of year for me right now.

Thumbs up

Cool!! That will be a pretty big project!
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback