Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Older TVC figures pulled back?

Some sites are reporting that Target and Walmart are both being visited by Hasbro reps so they can get rid of old figures from wave 1 and 2, like 4-LOM, Dengar, the Cloud Car Pilot, and the ROTS Clone Trooper. Has anyone seen any of this? A few months back, I though one of my Targets had gotten rid of some of the figures, but it sort of seems that they might have sent them to another store, or something. At any rate, hopefully this should finally get figures flowing better.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Something needs to be done. All the stores I make runs to have had the same figures for at least a month, maybe longer. I normally purchase alot of figues online, but for most of this year, I've almost entirely relied on the internet to get my figures since little to nothing seems to be showing up at stores. I hope this report is true and that it doesn't apply to just waves 1 and 2.

I still see 4LOM, Dengar, and Cloud Car, but it's more of Clone Trooper, Rebel Commando, Obi-Wan, or Sandtrooper now.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I noticed that at Target today, they were replaced by a mountain of Wooof and Sandtrooper and Anakin ROTS and Rebel Commandos. It seems the pegwarmers brought reinforcements.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hopefully they'll make it down to one particular Walmart here that still has 18 or so ROTS Clones. Heck even the Sandtroopers, Anakins and Obi-Wans thinned out a little but not the Clones.

It's good they're possibly doing something, and started listening to us? I pretty much gave up looking for anything new there for a while and missed whole waves of TVC figures I never did see because of this. It really was a downer for collecting. They killed my motivation to look. We'll see.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

I don't think they listened to us on this, I think they saw their sales going in the toilet and retailers complaining about a mountain of unmoving product (which they themselves partly caused by overordering).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm hoping the Cloud Car Pilot glut is eventually solved by shrinkwrapping a pair of'em to Cloud Cars at $35 or something similar to that. The Cloud Car has been surprisingly rare around here...

Actually they should do that with more, I'm sure it'd be big for Christmas. Like...
    2x Cloud Car Pilots w/ Cloud Car
    2x ROTS Clones w/ Swamp Speeder
    1x Dengar and 1x 4-Lom w/ Xanadu Blood
    2x AOTC Clones w/ Republic Fighter Tank
    1x Wedge and 1x Dak w/ Snowspeeder >_>
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I don't think they listened to us on this, I think they saw their sales going in the toilet and retailers complaining about a mountain of unmoving product (which they themselves partly caused by overordering).
    With the ordering at most brick and mortar stores being automated and tied to inventory, I'm not sure you can blame it on over ordering. Maybe (well definitely) the distribution centers seemed to get stuck with a whole lot of certain waves and almost none of others. I still think the problem is the really awful assortments. If Hasbro had learned anything from the Yarna debacle, figures like Wooof wouldn't ever appear in a refresh wave (assuming good saturation of the first wave) and even potential army builders like the Clones and sandtroopers shouldn't be in more than a couple refresh waves (especially if something almost identical is currently being sold for less money in the legends line.) To add more insult to the injury, most of the first clones, sandtroopers, and even the newer stormtroopers have obviously yellowing plastic in the bubble and often atrocious paint jobs causing them to back up even more on the pegs. Also, if I had a say in case distribution (which I obviously don't) new figures would be shipped at 2 per case in the initial waves. I still don't think this would have gotten out enough Gamorreans, Wedges, Fordos, and possible rebel fleet troopers to sate demand, but it would be a lot closer and we wouldn't have as many unwanted pegwarmers keeping new stuff off the shelves.

Wooof and the Cloud Car Pilot haven't really been a problem in my area at all. We haven't even had that big of a problem with 4-LOM and Dengar. Even the Sandtroopers are beginning to thin out. Aside from the ROTS Clone, Rebel Commando, and R2-D2, it seems that AOTC Obi-Wan is the only other figure piling up at an alarming rate.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Yavin ceremony Han is probably the worst around here, especially at one WM in particular. Waves 1 and 2 sold through fairly easily around here. Some of the later waves are the real troublemakers.