Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wave 8

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I've seen nowt at retail! And... this is actually Wave 9, not wave 8.
    True. For the record, here are the case listings from Entertainment Earth:

Wave 8
    23. Luke Skywalker (Endor Capture)
    25. R2-D2
    26. Rebel Commando (presumably the black variant)
    27. Wicket
    53. Bom Vimdim
    41. Stormtrooper (ROTJ variant card)
    62. Han Solo (Endor Trench Coat)
    65. TIE Fighter Pilot
    9. Boba Fett (ROTJ variant)
    63. B-wing Pilot Keyan Farlander
    64. Princess Leia Organa (Slave Outfit)
    8. Darth Vader (ROTJ variant card)

Wave 8 Revision 1
    20. Yoda
    25. R2-D2
    31. Obi-Wan Kenobi (AOTC)
    52. Rebel Fleet Trooper
    54. ARC Trooper Commander
    55. Logray
    41. Stormtrooper (ROTJ variant card)
    65. TIE Fighter Pilot
    64. Princess Leia Organa (Slave Outfit)

Wave 9
    22. Admiral Ackbar
    23. Luke Skywalker (Endor Capture)
    27. Wicket
    34. Jango Fett
    52. Rebel Fleet Trooper
    55. Logray
    39. Luke Skywalker (Death Star Escape)
    68. Rebel Soldier (Echo Base Battle Gear)
    69. Bastila Shan (Knights of the Old Republic)
    70. Ponda Boba (Walrus Man)
    63.B-wing Pilot (Keyan Farlander)

The figures on ROTJ cards (aside from Logray) will be available with both "Return" and "Revenge" on the package, though I am not sure if it's random or not.

Well then to confuse the issue, the figures I saw at retail this past week were: Revenge Vader and Ackbar, Bom Vimdim, Jango, and RFT that I know had all been put out since my last trip. Is it possible that this Target had put out each of those three case assortments at one time?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

It's possible, but I don't think there have been any confirmed sightings of either wave 8 case in the country yet (though some dude in the Philippines found wave 8 and confirmed a black Rebel Commando). More likely it was a case of wave 7 that provided Bom, Jango, and the Rebel Fleet Trooper instead.

Well, I know that I said I wasn't going to order a whole case of this wave. I ended up changing my mind I guess. There was more there that i wanted after I thought about it awhile. There was Keyan Farlander, a few Revenge cards(Vader, Ackbar, Luke), and an extra RFT. ANH Luke and Jango I'll get rid of for sure while the Wicket and Chirpa I might keep around for random ewoks.

I ordered it a couple of weeks ago and received my order yesterday. HTS double boxed it without me telling them to, so no crushed figures this time around.

I won the B-Wing Pilot online, mainly just for its Fett mail-away offer, and the fact that I got it for less than retail + tax.

[edit] Found a Bomdiggity Vommit today, with yet another Fett sticker. I might mail away for one more to give as a holiday gift.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Been finding remnants of Wave 9 at, of all places, K-MART! Picked up Revenge Vader and Ackbar, plus a Rebel Fleet Trooper w/ sticker so I have an opener for the order form.

Then, at a TRU kiosk at the mall, found Bastila Shan and the Hoth Rebel Soldier. Unfortunately, they had room for only half the case, and their stock is in another location, so I ended up caving in and ordering Ponda Baba online. Cost me $17 w/ shipping, but I figure with the amount of gas I'd waste searching for this one figure, it's a bargain. Now just want a vintage Slave Leia, but no sign of any of those yet!
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

as to date, here are the ones left that i am still looking for from wave 8:

26. Rebel Commando black variant
    41. Stormtrooper ROTJ variant card
    65. TIE Fighter Pilot
    64. Princess Leia Organa (Slave Outfit) "revenge" and "return"
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

The Target near me got in a new case today and actually had the TIE pilot, leia, Han, and Boba. 3 of them were on Revenge cards (Leia was return.) At any rate, they are starting to hit retail.

For my birthday yesterday, I got (among other things) trench coat Han, Ponda Baba, and the black Rebel Commando, the latter two of which I had not seen in stores myself and didn't know I was getting. I was a little worried about the Rebel Commando variant, so I can rest easy on that one. I'm not sure if my family already got Bastila and the Rebel Soldier, but those are the only two remaining Vintage figures I need this year.