Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wave 8

Wave 8

Sorry if this thread already exists (I did look without success) but I figured it was time to get this thread rolling. This wave is already popping up on Amazon and Brian's Toys has shipped it to their one of each figure club members. However I told them not to bill me for this wave since they were only going to send me three figures (Ponda Baba, Bastilla Shan, and Hoth Deck Officer) but were going to charge me $60 for the wave. So much for their $9.99 a figure plus shipping! Hopefully this isn't a huge mistake and these figure are easy to find. The more photos I see of the Ponda Baba the better that figure looks! Right now I think I have to get two, one with hands and one with flippers. I may even get a third for slice and dice action!

Unfortunately I think it's going to be a while before the wave turns up in the wild. It looks like Target and other sellers are trying to make space for their holiday reset sometime towards the end of October?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

HTS had it this morning. I've had almost zero luck finding anything in the wild in teh last 6 months, so I went ahead and ordered it. You have to buy the case, but it has pondo, bastilla, hoth rebel, keyan farlander, a rebel fleet trooper, and the extra ewoks I was looking for anyway. The others can become custom fodder.

I thought about starting up with Brian's Toys until I saw how much they were charging for that wave. That is absolutely stupid!!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I thought about starting up with Brian's Toys until I saw how much they were charging for that wave. That is absolutely stupid!!
    Generally it works well but the problem I've been having with them is that Hasbro keeps repacking figures and so an old figure on a new card still counts as a new figure so I end up skipping quite a few waves to avoid the repeats. This wave is even worse though, thank god you can skip waves whenever you want.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

There's only 3 figures I want from this wave(Ponda Baba, Hoth Rebel, Bastilla). If I buy a case I have 9 figs to get rid of, so needless to say, I'm not going to be buying a whole case this time. I think this has the potential to be another one of the cases that clogs up the pegs again. Hasbro obviously hasn't learned their lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    There's only 3 figures I want from this wave(Ponda Baba, Hoth Rebel, Bastilla). If I buy a case I have 9 figs to get rid of, so needless to say, I'm not going to be buying a whole case this time. I think this has the potential to be another one of the cases that clogs up the pegs again. Hasbro obviously hasn't learned their lesson.
    Well, let's wait for the wave to actually start showing up in large numbers and then wait to see if it really does clog the pegs. Then you might have a case that Hasbro "obviously hasn't learned their lesson." Otherwise, it's silly to criticize them for something that hasn't even happened yet.

I only wanted Ponda Baba and the Hoth Rebel from this wave - got them last week. Since they're not expected to hit stores in the UK, I had to pay a premium (15 each) - I didn't mind too much as it was such a small wave, and I got a deal on a couple of older figures thrown in as well. But while they're both really nice figures, which I've wanted for a long time, I'm getting really tired of Hasbro's quality control lately.... the elbow joint on the Hoth Trooper is split, and feels very delicate when I move it... not so long ago my Dagobah Landing Luke had a similar knee joint - it actually had a broken shard which was cutting through the leg plastic when I tried to bend the knee. And more recently I spent a lot of money on the SDCC Indy set, only to find one of the accessories was missing, and I had no comeback on this, or any way of obtaining a replacement part. All little things, but when they're costing more and more all the time, all these little faults are really souring my enjoyment of the hobby.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

I'm with you on this Sebillba!! I have such a terrible time finding ANY new figures at retail. Hasbro's case packs are causing so much trouble. You would think that a new figure would be packed at least two-per case and not one-per case. That one-per case should be reserved for revisions and NOT initial allocations. Idiots.

Looks like I was wrong, I saw a case or two worth of figures from this wave (I think). I saw a RFT and a few Revenge of the Jedi carded figs. No Bastilla, Ponda, or Hoth trooper.

I've seen nowt at retail! And... this is actually Wave 9, not wave 8.