Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Brunswick

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!

Question New Brunswick

Does anyone know if Wal-Mart is going to be getting the Tie Bombers and Hoth Peril ships in March 2002? Also...I have learned that Hasbro Canada will not be releasing the latest POTJ wave (FX-7) here in Canada. Has anyone else heard this?
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

releases

I have also heard that they will not be releasing Leia, Amanaman (deluxe) FX-7 wave, and eth koth and something else. (I forgot)

this sucks big time.

Believing that I would not find the FX-7 wave in Canada...last night, I went over to Maine and bought FX-7 and 3 Imperial Officers. I also had a chance to play Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron 2. What a cool game...and someday, when the price of the Gamecube comes down...I'll buy it. But for now, my spending money is strictly for Star Wars action figures and vehicles. I can hardly wait for the Tie Bombers and Snowspeeders. I just hope that they are available in New Brunswick when they are released in March 2002.
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

hasbro canada

Where did you hear about Hasbro Canada not releasing the next FX-7 wave and the Leia/Amanaman wave? What about the 25th aniversary collection????

Is this from a good source or speculation??

Re: hasbro canada

Originally posted by greedo
    Where did you hear about Hasbro Canada not releasing the next FX-7 wave and the Leia/Amanaman wave? What about the 25th aniversary collection????

Is this from a good source or speculation??
    I have learned this from a very good source, and by the looks of things...it would appear to be true. I haven't seen anything of the FX-7 wave anywhere here in New Brunswick...yet across the border I found the FX-7 wave. I don't know about the 25th anniversary collection, but my source told me that Hasbro Canada was not going to release anything new until the new AOTC figures came out. This is really bad news, since we have to pay US $ for any new figs and not to mention the duty! I have yet to confirm with Wal-Mart here in New Brunswick to see if they have the Tie Bombers, and Snowspeeders in their computer and when they expect to receive them. I will check the next time I'm at a Wal-Mart.

I hope we get something up here soon, or it looks like the AOTC stuff will be the next stuff showing up.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

Originally posted by Bosskman
    I hope we get something up here soon, or it looks like the AOTC stuff will be the next stuff showing up.
    I agree with your signature! Bossk is my favorite bounty hunter! He's cool, and unfortunately Boba Fett beat him to the punch! How cool would that have been...to see Bossk on Tatooine fighting Luke. Bossk wouldn't have let Luke cut his blaster in half, or wouldn't have died in such a CHEEZY way that Boba Fett did!

I read somewhere that not all the atoc figures are schedualed for release in Canada, I hope this isn't true. Does anyone out there know for sure?

I do wish Hasbro would get their poop in a group and be fair about what gets released up here. I don't mind supporting my local comic/toy stores but, I only make so much money and when I could be buying 2 figures from Hasbro instead on only 1 from a comic store, while you do the math......

Originally posted by greedo
    I read somewhere that not all the atoc figures are schedualed for release in Canada, I hope this isn't true. Does anyone out there know for sure?

I do wish Hasbro would get their poop in a group and be fair about what gets released up here. I don't mind supporting my local comic/toy stores but, I only make so much money and when I could be buying 2 figures from Hasbro instead on only 1 from a comic store, while you do the math......
    I'm not too concerned about the AOTC figs being released in Canada...since I have no intention of purchasing any of them. Well maybe if there is a good sculpt of Anakin and Obi-Wan...maybe Count Dooku. I only purchased 6 of the Episode I figures and they were 3 Darth Mauls, 2 Obi-Wans and 1 Qui-Gon. I had no real interest in purchasing any of the other figures and vehicles. I'm a Classic Trilogy Fan...and to me...they are the only TRUE Star Wars. Sorry if it hurts those out there who are planning on buying the AOTC stuff. I might also buy R2D2, and C3PO if they are good sculpts...but mainly for use in one of my Classic Trilogy diorama's.

I know what you mean about the comic stores...MAN I hate paying $35.00 for 1 figure that was sold for $6.99 when it first came out. I really hate the thought of spending $10.00 or more on any figure...and especially when the only place I can get the earlier figures is from a specialty store. Don't get me started on the vehicles and exclusives!

I find that I have to keep up with the collection for some reason. I enjoy trying to get everything made for the SW action figure stuff. I have evey action figure made since 95 until now. I only need the Imperial officer and Rebel Tantiv? soldier.

It looks like there are only 3 or 4 Canadians on here, that is too bad, maybe Canada doesn't collect like the US does after all.

Where are you from?