Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hoth Rebel Base

Hoth Rebel Base

Hello,

Currently I'm in the process of constructing the frame work for a large Hoth Rebel base. The size should be around 7 ft high, & 7 ft wide by close to 8 ft long. The base will have multiple levels, an elevator, two large hanger bays, a hoth cantina, a medical center, a command center, with many ladders, catwalks & several other misc items as well. Building supplies are lots of 2X3X8's, a wooded boxed crate used for shipping snow blowers, plywood, plaster cloth, chicken wire, led lights & several house hold items that you would not believe will be incorporated in the base. I will try to include as many figures/vehicles as possible (including prequel) into this base when it's complete. It should take several months to complete & I shall posts some pics tonight of some of the progress I've had in the last two weeks.

DB
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Here are some pics:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 002.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	25441Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 003.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	25442
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 004.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	25443Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 005.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	25444Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 007.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	25445Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 008.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	25446Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 009.jpg 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	25447Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 010.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	25448Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 012.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	25449Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 013.jpg 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	25450Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 014.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	25451Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 015.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	25452
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 001.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	25440  
    Last edited by DarthBrandon; 10-06-2011 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Duplicates

Here are some moreClick image for larger version. 

Name:	hockey 001.jpg 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	25478Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hockey 003.jpg 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	25479Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hockey 004.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	25480Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hockey 005.jpg 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	25481Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hockey 007.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	25482Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hockey 008.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	25483Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hockey 009.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	25484

That's very cool. So you're going to collage the scenes? The ATAT is going to be displayed underneath the Reb base?

Those are asteroids on top? Cool rocks you found there!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yeah,

I'm, going to try and incorporate as much as I can into this base. I'm going for a Vintage Hoth look on the top, while the lower level will hold the prequel figures & vehicles. The AT-AT is just there for scaling purposes, other than that it will sit on top of the base ground area when complete along with the others. Those faux rocks (Asteroids) you mentioned are going to be used as mountain pieces once I get the base shell levels complete. I have them placed that way so when you look up inside the base, you will see caverns when it's done. The area with the faux rocks will be the mountain top for the Falcon Hanger, & the other half of the top part of the base (see lower flat section) will be where the rebels & imperials face off. The shell that I have built so far is the easy part, it's the detailing etc (scratch building generators, ladders,elevators & catwalks) that's going to be time consuming. I only work on this 1 hour here & 1 hour there, so it will take quite the long time to finish. Good fun though

So I that going to be occuping that room from now on or will it be able to be taken apart? So far it is pretty cool, can't wait to see the progress on that baby. Love Hoth! The coolest battle in my opinion.

It sounds (and looks) really well planned out! It's going to be great to see it develop.

Take your time. Indeed as we've grown up, it's hard to find time for these kinds of projects, but nice to have them to fall back on.

I've got some stuff I'm trying to develop but it will take a long, long, time too.

Gungan Battle

Endor

Kashyyyk

Podrace

Coruscant Speeder Chase

Kamino

I did a lot of the OT in my old apartment before I had a period of hospitalization. Now I'm going to restart in my new place with PT (except Endor is going to be the same as I had it before).

Sometime, years later when I change things again, I'm going to do more OT again with that Naboo scene being an exception.

Mos Eisley

Jabbas

Death Star

Otah Gunga

Dagobah

I'll do one final reset with Hoth and Bespin in the distant future.

It always gives me something to work on.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_nav View Post
    So I take it that it's going to be occupying that room from now on or will it be able to be taken apart? So far it is pretty cool, can't wait to see the progress on that baby. Love Hoth! The coolest battle in my opinion.
    Yeah,

It's going to take up half of the room from now on, I would hate to have to take it apart once it's finished. The other half of the room will be a movie theater later on. Coolest battle indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    It sounds (and looks) really well planned out! It's going to be great to see it develop.

Take your time. Indeed as we've grown up, it's hard to find time for these kinds of projects, but nice to have them to fall back on.

I've got some stuff I'm trying to develop but it will take a long, long, time too.

Gungan Battle

Endor

Kashyyyk

Podrace

Coruscant Speeder Chase

Kamino

I did a lot of the OT in my old apartment before I had a period of hospitalization. Now I'm going to restart in my new place with PT (except Endor is going to be the same as I had it before).

Sometime, years later when I change things again, I'm going to do more OT again with that Naboo scene being an exception.

Mos Eisley

Jabbas

Death Star

Otah Gunga

Dagobah

I'll do one final reset with Hoth and Bespin in the distant future.

It always gives me something to work on.
    Awesome look forward to seeing some pics in the future.

I'm putting up some pics of my 12" collection in the meanwhile (in this forum - different thread obviously).