Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Ships with no Pilots...

I know it's come up a couple times in the forums- about how the current batch of figures don't fit in the ships. I was wondering how everyone feels about the wait.

I really want the Jedi Starfighter, but I can't wait for the Obi-Wan to come out almost 2 months later! We've got Anakin's speeder, but there's no Anakin to go in it. We don't have a final date as to when such a figure will arrive. It is quite clear that the first one will not fit into it dur to the positioning of the legs and arms.

Do you guys feel a bit gypped that we have the vehicles so early on and no one to pilot them?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Really? Man that sucks! And i bet none or only a few are electronic. Cheap Hasbro bastards.

True this is a nasty little planning burp by Hasbro.

But....I'm not really...bothered by it that much either. The fitting figures will come, heck, we had to wait for a pilot Annie before the N-1 Naboo Fighter was "complete"
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

I'm not all too concerned,just...fustrated.Trying to stuff figures
    into ships isnt fun,and normally results in popped off legs(for me anyways..).It happened to by Aurra Sing when I tried stuffing
    her into the POTF2 Landspeeder.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Yea, that's why I consider pack-ins much needed in these situations.

I think the "grapple hook" Jango well fit in the Slave 1 though, and if you're willing to do a custom, grab a soft goods E1 Obi-Wan figure then an E2 Obi-Wan figure, paint the E1 Obi figure's tunic the same color and do a simple head swap and voila, perfect E2 Obi figure for the Jedi Starfighter.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Ships with no Pilots bugs me too. What good are they?
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Re: Ships with no Pilots...

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    I really want the Jedi Starfighter, but I can't wait for the Obi-Wan to come out almost 2 months later! We've got Anakin's speeder, but there's no Anakin to go in it. We don't have a final date as to when such a figure will arrive. It is quite clear that the first one will not fit into it dur to the positioning of the legs and arms. Do you guys feel a bit gypped that we have the vehicles so early on and no one to pilot them?
    Well, we waited 2 years for the AT-ST driver in 1995. I know the Anakin Skywalker: Hanger Duel figure is due out on or just before May 16th, and he should fit in the speeder. Looking at Toy Fair, it looks like they put Obi-Wan: Coruscant Chase in the cockpit of the Starfighter. So, I guess he would fit, and will make due until the Obi-Wan: Pilot figure comes out. I don't mind the ships coming out before the proper pilot figures, as long as it's not to long a wait for them.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Re: Re: Ships with no Pilots...

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Well, we waited 2 years for the AT-ST driver in 1995.
    But we did have Stormtroopers and Chewbacca to fill our ships. Who's gonna fill Zam's speeder? The Super Battle Droid?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Re: Re: Re: Ships with no Pilots...

Originally posted by LTBasker
    But we did have Stormtroopers and Chewbacca to fill our ships. Who's gonna fill Zam's speeder? The Super Battle Droid?
    Well, the Zam Wesell that wil fit in the speeder will be out around May 16th. The one that was shown at Toy Fair with bendable knees and the viel off. She's on the list of the 26 figures total that will be avaliable on or just before the day the movie opens.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm a little disappointed in Hasbro, but I have enough Star Wars figures that CAN use these vehicles that it doesn't bother me too much. It's very unwise of Hasbro to not compliment their vehicles with figures - kids who want to have authentic Ep 2 play-pattern recreations will be unable to buy both a vehicle and a figure during the same shopping trip, which will probably lower the amount of kids buying product - but at least the vehicles look good. I'm definitely not going to bother getting 18 different Jango Fetts that don't fit in the Slave I when I can just put the POTF2 Boba Fett in there instead.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.