Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hate to say i told you so but darth mauls alive ( confirmed )

Nothing George Lucas does on this show would surprise me anymore. I'm expecting a Howard the Duck crossover next season.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yeah, this is beyond stupid. Anakin getting turned into a baked potato in 1 fell swoop was bad enough to watch on camera, but to have a guy who is cut in half, falls down a bottomless pit at top speed that is an energy system, that's just beyond stupid. Lucas should either have left well enough alone, or explored it via flashbacks. To bring a clearly dead character back 10 years later is, indeed, straight out of bad soaps.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

might not be as bad as you guys think. Maul was by far the best of the best and way to short lived. You cant tell me you dont wana see him and obi go at it again. Or him and anakin fight to the death. You know little anis probably hella mad for him killing quigon. Plus getting cut in half wouldnt have paralized his waist up he could have force pushed at the last second when he hit the ground to soften the blow. The wound would have been cauderized so he wouldnt have bled out just poke him a new pee hole and ur in biznaz

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight4516 View Post
    You cant tell me you dont wana see him and obi go at it again.
    Yes. As a matter of fact, I can.

Thankfully, this will happen on a show I don't watch, so I won't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    To bring a clearly dead character back 10 years later is, indeed, straight out of bad soaps.
    Or the X-Men.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Lucas has proven that less is more with Star Wars. The more something is revealed, the worse it gets. Boba Fett is a perfect example of that, or Anakin turning to the dark side and becoming Vader. The more that's left to the imagination with Lucas, the better it is.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Lucas has proven that less is more with Star Wars.
    Slight correction: less is more except for about 75% of the time when it's someone else entirely who's revealing the "more." Unfortunately, Lucas has also proven that he doesn't mind running roughshod over the works of folks like Zahn, Watson, Stackpole, and Traviss.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm expecting a swerve of some sort. Like either a Clone or his spirit taking over Savage Oppress.

And if it is him back, iyou can more likely blame the damn fanboys. Rather than Lucas.

It's just like the case with Boba Fett. Some other writer bringing back someone who should have stayed dead.

As for the comments about Zahn, Watson, Stackpole, and Travis. I think you're exaggerating quite a bit there.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Exaggerating?

Lucas has been retconning aspects of the works of Zahn, Stackpole, and Watson, along with other authors, since he started work on the prequels. Traviss left in the middle of writing a novel because her intricately-constructed Mandalorean mythology was completely wiped out in 22 minutes of television. (I didn't care for her stuff as much, but she got done wrong.)

You may disagree with my choice of words ("running roughshod"), but you can't argue that Lucas isn't a master at allowing people to play in his sandbox, then contradicting whatever they set up. Sure, it's his right as the creator of Star Wars, but it's kinda a d***ish move to tell others that they can do whatever they want and it's canon... until he changes his mind.

And, yeah, I do blame the fanboys more than Lucas, but he is the one who made the unwise decision to listen to them. (Not like he hasn't done that before--love him or hate him, practically eliminating Jar Jar from Episodes II-III was a stupid move.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.