Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation The Phantom Menace in 3-D...

What do you think of the new poster? I think "Photoshop is fun?"

Hmmmm... I guess it's fine since it is a poster for a rerelease, but it seems to be lacking "something". I guess we're missing Qui-Gon and Queen Amidala and both of the actors who play them are more popular than ever! It's also like the poster isn't telling a lot of the story it's sorta screaming "Hey!! Look at the pretty action scenes!!"

Maul, his saber blades and the podracers do say "3D", but I'm not all excited about it-- or the release of the film, to be quite honest.

I wonder how the recent developments between the studios and the cinema operators is going to affect future 3D admissions. I mean, $13 was a pretty hefty price tag to see a film and that's when the studios were supplying the glasses to the cinemas. Now that the cinema operators have to spring for them, I can only imagine that the price will go up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phantom-menace-star-wars-3d.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	25487  
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I don't care about the poster, but this is one movie I'd actually watch in 3D. I couldn't care less about seeing AOTC and ROTS in 3D, but will do so if I think seeing the OT depends on me doing so.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Nah, 'cuz they want to hype his RETURN!!!!!!1!!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Nah, 'cuz they want to hype his RETURN!!!!!!1!!!
    Or change the ending, have a Gungan mad scientist sew him back together.

Bearded, flannel-lab-coated Scientist: "Rise, Lord Maul."
    Maul: "Where is the Jedi? Is Obi-Wan unsafe?"
    Scientist: "It appears, in retrospect, it was unwise to kill you off. The decision was made too fast, too intense."
    Maul: "I couldn't have... Even I felt that it was appropriate... I shouldn't be alive!"
    [walks shakily on his prosthetic legs, pulling at his manacles, rubbing his stomach]
    Maul: "NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"
    [Scientist grins, then leafs through a wad of credits]
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I posted on this in the News section, but I'm not big on the poster. It's no secret that a lot of people had a lot of issues with the film, so it seems like they're playing up on only the things that people liked - Darth Maul, the podrace, some of the pre-existing characters. The lack of most of the main characters is quite jarring, though, and so is the poor placement of the podracers on the background. They should have went with Jar Jar and little Anakin, like Seth Rogen's back tattoo in Fanboys.

Then again, I do like the effect that there's a smaller, white-bordered poster, and the elements are popping off of it. It kind of reminds me of the circus-style ANH poster, which is one of my all-time favorites.

If nothing else, the image of Yoda confirms that this will be the version of the film seen on the Blu-ray, which is great to know. I'm somewhat considering seeing The Three Musketeers just so I can see the 3-D trailer, but I know next to nothing about that movie and the little I do know is not good.

Here's the trailer in boring ol' 2-D. I find it odd that the only place it's posted anywhere online is from the kid who contributes to TheForce.net, but oh well. The trailer itself is pretty sweet, and sets up not just TPM, but the whole saga for re-release. It looks like they chose good scenes to showcase in 3-D. Again, Jar Jar is nowhere to be found . . .

Starwars.com has the trailer up now:
    http://starwars.com/watch/episode-i-3d.html

I guess it would be more exciting to watch if we could actually see it in 3D.

Well, I said I wouldn't do any more midnight showings. :yourpowersareweakoldman: But the only time I can fit it into my schedule and still see it opening day is... 12:01am. I gots my tix now, yo.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I'm going with a couple friends just 'cos it's something for three geeks to do on a Sunday afternoon. We're gonna go on the 12th.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**