Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tie Bomber?

Tie Bomber?

Has Lego made a Tie Bomber set yet? I'm not sure of all the sets they've made, I know they made the Tie Fighter and Vader's Fighter though.

If not they should.

No official TIE Bomber or TIE Interceptor yet, but here's hoping.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    No official TIE Bomber or TIE Interceptor yet, but here's hoping.
    They made the TIE Interceptor JediTricks, it was part of the Ultimate Collector's Line. The really expensive sets that were limited edition and over 100.00 each.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i-1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	1247  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yeah, but it's not really accepted as an "official basic" set because it doesn't interact with the figures...unless LEGO King Kong is the pilot of course.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

i'm optimistic we'll see a system TIE interceptor. its a sleek looking ship that kids would probably tihnk is really "sharp" looking. plus think of how many older kids would be happy

lego seems smarter than hasbro when it comes to pleasing the customer, but thats just my opinion
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

Seems to me a custom TIE Bomber, and potentially a TIE Interceptor would be fairly easy to custom build.

You'd need parts from multiple sets of Darth Vader's Custom TIE, and you'd need to elongate the cockpit and bay.

The TIE Interceptor would also need parts from Vader's Custom TIE, and preferably the triangle shaped parts similar to the UCS TIE Interceptor.
    --RJ

"Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman she meets, then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again." -- A Marin County newspaper TV listing for "The Wizard of Oz"

JJB, I was only referring to "System" sets, since BD mentioned the TIE Fighter and Vader's TIE, and both of those are "System" sets.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JJB, I was only referring to "System" sets, since BD mentioned the TIE Fighter and Vader's TIE, and both of those are "System" sets.
    Ahh, gotcha. I'm not really all that much of a Lego collector...so I didn't know there was really all that much of a difference. I just always thought that Lego was Lego.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

"System" refers to the sets built to interact with the cute little mini-figures, whereas the TIE Interceptor from UCS was built on a larger scale and intended to be a display model rather than a toy.

"System" refers to the sets built to interact with the cute little mini-figures, whereas the TIE Interceptor from UCS was built on a larger scale and intended to be a display model rather than a toy.
    Cool, thanks for the explination JT. See why I usually don't post in the Lego section. I have no where near as much knowledge about them as I do about the action figures or movies.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks