Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEGO Obi-Wan?

LEGO Obi-Wan?

Ok, the other day I saw the new LEGO Jedi Starfighter with the Mini Obi-Wan figure. I don't like it that much. I think it's the hair piece that the minifig has. EPI Obi-Wan looked pretty good, but the new EPII Obi just looks funny.

Does this get anybody else?
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

i won't be buying this set unless i have an abundance of cash handy.
    the yoda set and the tusken raider set interest me, as well as the bounty hunter pursuit.
    slave I would be lovely but i can't afford that :P

Yeah the hairpiece bugs me, I've been thinking about trying to repaint a hair piece from elsewhere, maybe the hairpiece from Harry Potter, dunno tho.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

You could just give him the brown hood and matching cloak from Ep 1 Obi-Wan (the mini-figure in the Gungan Sub set) and give Gungan Sub Obi-Wan the "flat-top" hair from the Alpha Team helicopter figure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It doesn't look so much like Obi Wan as it does the Eric Stoltz character from Pulp Fiction.

Haha! I like that. LEGO Lance from Pulp Fiction!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I like Obi-Wan, i dunno why he's smiling though, doesn't he know whats going to happen?
    "We're talking about Classic stuff because all the new stuff is less quality. Let's make better new stuff." -Ambongan

fbtb.net represent
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

Personnally, I think he looks like Lego Jesus. Something about that oh-so pleasant smile...

Obi-Wan and Boba both have the female-type long hair. But it doesn't bother me, because at least it doesn't get in the way like sculpted hair does (Eeth and Qui-Gon come to mind).

The smiling disturbs me more. Especially the Gunship Jedi, I don't really see why he's smiling. He's getting a head swap once I get the set.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.