Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Not sure if this is everywhere, but the local TRU lowered the price of Vintage to $9.99.

And raised the price of Movie Heroes, Saga Legends, and Clone Wars to $9.99.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Has anyone else seen the TRU exclusive Pod Racer Pilot set? I was pretty surprised when I walked into TRU today and came across it.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Has anyone else seen the TRU exclusive Pod Racer Pilot set? I was pretty surprised when I walked into TRU today and came across it.
    Yeah, that one was out on the 1/31 street date.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Came across R2-D2 electronic, tried out the sounds, definitely has more than ever before and all are recognizable. That said, it's the quietest I can remember of this VERY OLD Electronic R2 body, and the paint isn't so impressive unfortunately. I would have bought it at TRU's sale for $7, but I'm a little broke right now.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I made a special trip to the TRU in Springfield yesterday looking for that set, along with Ben Quad and Ratts Tyrell. I think buying Mawhonic gave me Podracer fever. Fortunately, I found everything I was looking for without much effort.

I passed on Teemto Pagalies and Clegg Holdfast when I originally saw them in stores, so it was cool to finally get those guys. I gave my Gasgano figure away to my nephews back in 1999, so I needed a new one of him as well. Dud Bolt and Mars Guo were the only duplicate figures I ended up with, but that's not so bad since the paint apps on both of those figures are much brighter and colorful in the rerelease. The colors on Teemto seem to "pop" a lot more in this pack than from his original release as well. So with the flags included, I have no regrets buying this set.

Ratts Tyrell is pretty awesome, but his colors seem to be a little more subdued than what they should be. I have no real complaints about Ben, except for the fact that he has no peg holes in his feet and his feet are so tiny that he is almost impossible to stand. I think I would have preferred him without the scowl as well.

I'm hesitant to buy the Sebulba/Anakin pack since we're getting a new Podracer Anakin in MH and there's rumors of a new Sebulba also. So, I'd really be paying $22 for two flags, two Pit Droids and a 12 year old C-3PO figure.

Now I just need to track down another Odie Mandrell and I think all of the onscreen Podracers (from the original theatrical release) will be covered.

Anyone know of the head from the MH Darth Maul fits on the Vintage Darth Maul body? I like the grimace of the MH figure and the horns look smaller so if it fits that would be good news.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

I think this is pre-ball jointed neck Maul in the first wave, so that would be a "no".
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I think this is pre-ball jointed neck Maul in the first wave, so that would be a "no".
    I believe he's talking about the wave 2 Maul, which does indeed have a ball-joint neck. I'm not sure if it's interchangeable with the Vintage one, but I doubt it will be right off the bat, but perhaps with some glue or something.

Ahhhh... OK. That one might, but might take a little "finessing".
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I believe he's talking about the wave 2 Maul, which does indeed have a ball-joint neck. I'm not sure if it's interchangeable with the Vintage one, but I doubt it will be right off the bat, but perhaps with some glue or something.
    Right, I meant the MH wave 2 figure. I've yet to see anything from wave 2 (though some lists include the ROTS red clone trooper though, I think he's also in wave 1) but I may have to get Maul, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon from wave 2 for their excellent new head sculpts.