Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Congrats on getting one!

Yeah, I did neglect to mention the seatbelt that covers all 3 seats. Mine is not having terrible difficulty with the tiny pegs though, but I haven't put any figures in it, so that probably is where the issue stems.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

For those of you who already have this - what are the box's measurements? I want to get one when I'm there in August, but I don't know if it will be possible to put it in a suitcase (even all by itself).

I can't give you concrete measurements, but I've seen it several times (still haven't actually bought it, though), and putting it in a suitcase might be a stretch. Definitely not in a carry-on.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    For those of you who already have this - what are the box's measurements? I want to get one when I'm there in August, but I don't know if it will be possible to put it in a suitcase (even all by itself).
    I can't give you measurements as I recycled the packaging after I got it, but I can tell you that the Speeder is approximately 20 x 7 x 8, and the box was about 1 to 2 inches in every direction. I'd trust USPS over the TSA on this one though, mail it home, or even have WDW's Disney DelivEARS send it to you now.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

After reading your info and looking at pictures to try to compare next to figures, it does seem pretty huge. I was trying to not have to pay the shipping charges, and the suitcase could maybe possibly work but seems right on the cusp of being too small. It could maybe work as a carry-on but then I'd have to check another bag which might end up being the same as or more than just shipping it from there, and I'm gonna be having other stuff to bring home as well. I know Disney offers shipping from the parks, would that be less expensive than calling DelivEARS (given that there might not be as much of a service charge, or whatever)? Have any of you shipped something while in the park?

It's big, it holds its own next to the BMF on bulk.

I've never shipped something from the park, only used DelivEARS to get stuff when I wasn't there, so I can't speak to any other service.

Steve's biggest luggage at Comic-Con I think was big enough to put this in there with some clothes on the side, but I would measure twice before deciding if your luggage can handle it. I guess you could take it out of the box entirely, then you'd know exactly how big of space you'd need, just wrap it in some clothes for a little protection, but I wouldn't risk it, the size is big enough that it wouldn't take much to bust it up - the sides specifically with the doors aren't all that strong because there's 5 geared doors on each.

By "there," you mean Orlando, right?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I ended up getting it in Orlando. It would have fit in one of the suitcases, but I ended up getting a lot of other stuff as well, so I had to ship it - with a cool $40 charge shipping it from the convention center. Ouch.

Have you received it yet? What do you think?

I shipped it to my family's house on Sunday, so it will still probably be a couple more days before it gets there; I probably won't be going back until at least this weekend. I can't wait to open it up - it looks pretty sweet. Oddly, it was only one of two that I saw at Tatooine Traders, so I'm glad I got it.