Thread: New C-3PO

New C-3PO

I would love to see a new classic trilogy 3PO
    one with actual knee-joints so he can sit down
    hasbro could give him maybe his ewok-throne from endor, removable eye (why not just removable limbs again), the cargo net from empire and the little communicator in the DS from ANH
    since I never found the removable limbs one and don't owe any 3PO (except that crappy E1) I would really dig this ultimate one
    any more ideas about ultimate version pack-ins ?

I'd certainly welcome a C3P0 that can sit down. Which would undoubtably get rid of that WIDE stance that has plagued figures of one of my favorite characters . . .

As far as the removable eye thing --- this could be tricky to pull off --- but maybe it could be done by including a second head sculpt with this feature.

that interchangable head thing would perfectly fit to the removable limbs

Like Monica Lewinski...

(Well... let's see how long this post stays up here...)

Yeah they should give a second head with only one eye (see folks... this is exactly what I'm talking about right here). It would be too difficult to make the eye removable at that scale. The whole facial sculpt would suffer badly. My two favourite Threepios would have to be the Millennium Minted Coin one, which fixed a lot of the problems with the original POTF2 one... and giving him a proper silver leg in the process, and the second one I like is the "Purchase of the Droids" version. Nice job on both of those.

Still... I'd like to see a more accurate Threepio realscanned from the costume that's touring in the Magic of the Myth exhibit. I will probably get the new Threepio in the AOTC line just because it's him, but I'm not certain about how "nice" it will look. I'm hoping for a second version without the "put it together yourself" feature.

Threepio... love that Droid!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Nice ideas, but i highly doubt that Hasbro would do a figure and make it include everything that charecter does in all the movies. They seem to prefer basing a figure on one specific movie, and not all movies. I do hope that we get a C-3PO: Ewok Diety figure soon, with bending knees and chair. That would be so cool. Any one else notice that POTJ didn't contain even 1 version of C-3PO? That must have been a first that he wasn't included in a major line.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Gee, JarJar, that is indeed quite odd.

And K3P0 doesn't really count either, though I'm sure someone will mention him . . .

And Threepio could have really used the POTJ treatment.

I thought that, too...

K-3P0 was just moulded from the TC-14 mould. I didn't like the head on those. It was badly sculpted. Since that was the case, I'm rather relieved that they didn't do a POTJ Threepio.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Originally posted by mark2d2
    Gee, JarJar, that is indeed quite odd.
    And K3P0 doesn't really count either, though I'm sure someone will mention him . . . And Threepio could have really used the POTJ treatment.
    Correct, K-3PO doesn't count. We got R2-D2: Naboo Escape, they should have given us somthing new for C-3PO. I agree with JEDIPartnr, the very best C-3PO to date was the MM coin version. Hopefully though they will give us a great version later this year that will blow that one away.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Oh, the 3PO request thread starts all over again.... Oh well, time to drag out my list and repost it:

threepio with removable arm from ANH done with a wires hanging out look and wonky shoulder cap. needs knees.

threepio from Dejarik game sitting and with the bench they all sit on plus a dejarik table in the correct scale this time. (Deluxe)

Tantive IV threepio with a load of wires tangled round him.

Lars garage threepio with oil bath. (deluxe)

Ceremonial threepio with all new chrome effect in 2-pack with ultra shiney artoo. (deluxe)

Bespin escape threepio with removable lower leg and foot (should come with companion artoo piece that holds the foot in grabbing claw arm.) definately needs knees.

jabba's palace threepio with removable eye head and swappable green goo head.

Endor throne threepio with clear plastic stand for hovering effect. should have knees to the sculpt so he can be used in other scenes if required.

Any more?