Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    So, after 30-odd games into the season, what're the biggest surprises?
    - division leaders are Cleveland, Baltimore, Texas [no shock], Washington, LA, & Pujols-less St. Louis?
    - Boston, Anaheim, Milwaukee, & Philly so bad?
    - Pujols under .200, 1 HR?
    - Chipper Jones, Jamie Moyer, Jason Giambi, Livon Hernandez are STILL playing?
    - other?
    - none of the above?
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

The fact that the Tigers haven't won back to back games in almost a month is surprising to me.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    The fact that the Tigers haven't won back to back games in almost a month is surprising to me.
    The Tigers are really disappointing me. They came out roaring (HA!) but now they're stuggling to maintain .500. Thankfully, the rest of the division sucks so, as of right now, they've still got a chance of taking it.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

My thoughts are that anything can happen this season.

Perhaps the really good teams are pacing themselves and holding back?

Maybe they want to unload their garbage players before the All-Star Break by convincing Baltimore and Washington and others that they are contenders. Then beginning around July 13th, the Red Sox, Phillies, Angels and a few others will begin to sweep the rest of their seasons.

I believe this is a conspiracy and I've identified the motivation behind it.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Just schedule the Buccos, apparently, to fix that. One hit, one 9th-inning hit. But Pittsburgh's hanging close to that elusive .500 mark...

The Brewers suck, one of these games Bob Uecker is going to go into Harry Doyle mode.

I took my very first girlfriend - ever - to the Angels versus the Padres, yesterday.

The Padres won the whole series 2 games to 1 and we took 13 innings on a Sunday afternoon yesterday just to do so. It was a hard fought game!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tigers finally win back-to-back games. Hopefully 'it's a trend and not the Twins...
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Those bats have really come alive in the past 2 games (but, as you said, it could just be the Twins) and Fielder went 4/4 last night. I honestly didn't expect big numbers from him since he did switch leagues but I am thankful that he doesn't seem to be as big of a bust at Pujols...
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

If the s could just get some offense, they'd be much better than their floating-near-.500 status. Their pitching is pretty strong (many quality starts, good bullpen, strong closer), just no big bats or run production. Win by HBP in the bottom of the ninth? By any means necessary, I guess...