Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthQuack View Post
    How bout Bel's Bucs! Hopefully not jinxing it that they're in line for a winning season!
    Arr! Arr!

This is the earliest they've reached the can't-lose-100-games mark in a long time. I'm holding out hope for the division, or a Wild Card, but a +.500 year would be awesomely woo-hoo!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

First, my Padres swept the Cubs and Clayton Richard pitched a full 9 innings for a complete game shut-out!

I felt basebll fever once more when I left the stadium yesterday.

Next, Chase Headley caught a liner at 3rd and threw across the diamond to first base in under a second to make a double-play on the Cubs runner heading to 2nd and you'd miss the whole thing if you blinked it happened that fast.

Chase is really underrated and unknown in MLB but he's a .275 batter and a gold-glove candidate for an infielder.

Next, my predictions:

NL

West- Dodgers
    Cen- Reds
    East- Nationals
    WC1 - Giants
    WC2 - Braves

NLC: Reds

AL

West - Angels
    Cen - Tigers
    East - Orioles
    WC1 - Rangers
    WC2 - Yankees

ALC: Angels

WS: Reds

But it's still very early out. I'll be interested to see if I got it right.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Here are my "picks," by my heart and then my mind:

WHAT I WANT
    NL West (LA)
    NL Central (Pitt)
    NL East (Wash)
    NL WC (Cincy over 'Zona)

AL West (Anaheim, yes, ANAHEIM)
    AL Central (Det)
    AL East (TB)
    AL WC (Tex over NYY)

NLCS (Pitt over LA)

ALCS (Anaheim over Tex)

WS (Pitt over Anaheim, with Bel-Cam Jos in attendance for the clinching game )

WHAT I THINK'LL OCCUR:
    NL West (LA)
    NL Central (Cincy)
    NL East (Wash)
    NL WC (Pitt over SF)

AL West (Texas)
    AL Central (CWS)
    AL East (NYY)
    AL WC (Anaheim over Det)

NLCS (Cincy over Wash)

ALCS (Tex over NYY)

WS (Cincy over Tex)

AL EAST: NNY
    AL CENTRAL: DET
    AL WEST: TEX
    AL WC: ANH over CHW

NL EAST: WASH
    NL CENTRAL: CIN
    NL WEST: LAD
    NL WC: PITT over ATL

AL DIVISIONAL: ANH over NYY; DET over TEX

NL DIVISIONAL: PITT over WASH; CIN over LAD

AL CHAMPIONSHIP: DET over ANH

NL CHAMPIONSHIP: CIN over PITT

WORLD SERIES: DET over CIN
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

The padres shut out pittsburgh with the 2 hitter!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

And DQ, if you hadn't had your birthday recently, I'd claim jinx on you! How do the Buccos lose twice to the Padres at home, giving up 6 runs a game?

my Team has discovered their mad slanted powers

One year ago, the s lost a 19-inning heartbreaker in Atlanta, 4-3, on a call at the plate. That set in motion a downward spiral that took any wind out of the sails the Jolly Roger enjoyed in '11. Today, they outlast the Cards in 19, 6-3. I predict that no such swoon will kill the Bucco's '12 season this time.

We'll see the Pirates in San Diego today. I'll be at the ballpark all 3 games.

Clayton Richard pitched for us yesterday when we beat the Giants, so you don't have to worry about him holding the Pirates to a 1-hitter like Jason Maruis did when the Padres shut them out last week.

They'll face Edison Volquez, Jason Marquis, and Ross Olendorf.

Did I mention Jason Marquis? Oh yeah. Didn't he bat 1.000 against the Pirates last week (2 for 2, and a sacrafice)?

I guess it was just some guy in a San Diego uniform that had the same name as he does.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020592.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	26561While my Padres with Edison Volquez were beating the Pirates 3-1, I got on The Friar Feud (our between innings Trivia Contest).

Here's me and my beautiful Padres Girls coaches Andrea and Jenna: