Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Verlander pitched a gem, but the Tigers blow a save for the first time in two seasons. Luckily, they score in the ninth to win!
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

There was some really good pitching today to begin the season. Hopefully that's a sign of good things to come!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I've been very busy these days - a lot of my time spent with baseball actually.

I went to Spring Training in Arizona for the Padres and an Angel vs. Rangers game. The former split the games I saw, and the Angels won theirs.

I also saw an exhibition game versus the Royals that the Padres played in our home stadium in San Diego and won 2-1.

We lost our season opener to the Dodgers 5-3.

We have 3 more games vs. the Dodgers at home, including tonight. I'm a full season ticket holder, so I'm going. Hopefully I'll see something better than the 3 errors and poor performance of Edison Volquez that I saw last night. When Anthony Bass came in as a reliever, he did great. They were considering him for a 5th starter. I think they should consider that again. But I know Volquez just had a rough night. But Cameron Maybin missed a catch that hit his glove! What was up with that? He made it up with a 2 run homer though.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

http://www.dailysportnewspaper.org/b...-backpack.html

By the way, the above was from last year and the Padres' Star Wars backpack program.

It reveals that TK-421 wasn't at his post because he was pitching in the National League.

"TK-421, why aren't you at your post? TK-421 do you copy?"

"Copy that. The count's 3 and 2 and a Solo runner's in scoring position. I'm going to throw him some garbage."

Yesterday the Padres were not carrying Star Wars backpacks. I am trying to learn if Yoda is now a Miami Marlin.

Since this is a rookie thing, we might have to wait until we see some non-opening-day-roster call-ups for the pitchers in either the Padres or Marlin's pens.

Meanwhile, as we opened against the Dodgers, I was advised by friends not to risk damage to Yoda by bringing him while people from Los Angeles were in our stadium. I already saw the police being called into the stands yesterday. Dodger fans....
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

As I type this Prince Fielder just hit his second HR of the day. The Tigers are a very good team.

And Josh Beckett has allowed 5 HR's today. Not good for the Sox.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Hopefully Fisters not badly injured because he was dominant. Below pitched well in his place. Bullpen is the tigers weakest link and they pitched 5 scoreless innings. This is going to be a great year.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

My Padres have dropped 3 in a row to the Dodgers. Not inspiring.

We're making a lot of errors and couldn't win yesterday with bases loaded walks to tie the score. Sad.

The s have a team ERA of 0.95, which is amazing, but only a 1-1 record, which is pedestrian. That's what happens when you score 1.5 runs per game. #onpaceforan81-81season
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Two last at bat heroics in one game! This season is off to a great start!

Chase Headley's first hit of the 2012 season was a GRAND SLAM! How cool is that?!

Way to go Chase!