Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    The "on deck" part was dropped, there needs to be either the tying run on the bases or at bat. I'd never heard of the tough save either... then again its baseball and there are a million stats so I guess that makes sense.

I also like the holds stat, kinda gives you an idea of what a reliever has done.

I remember my one year in a baseball fantasy league, and at the end of the draft, all the teams (except me) started taking "scrub" pitchers, middle relievers. When I lost the first week's "hold" category to my opponent, I figured out quite quickly I needed some of those.

Think of all the stats we think of as "important" in sports, that weren't always there from the start:

BASKETBALL
    - assists
    - blocked shots
    - minutes played
    BASEBALL
    - saves
    - runs batted in
    FOOTBALL
    - sacks
    - pancake blocks
    HOCKEY
    - plus/minus rating
    - shootout losses (okay, this one's lame)
    "That's what Sheev said."

So, it's the All-Star break.

Surprises?
    - all the NL division leaders (LA, Pitt, Wash.)
    - so many no-hitters (including 2 perfectos)
    - Cliff Lee's win total
    - Jamie Moyer NOT on a roster
    - Detroit, Boston, Philly struggles

I'm more surprised by J.V. pitching performance Tuesday night than the Tigers struggles.

my mid season awards:
    ROTY AL: Mike Trout
    ROTY NL: Bryce Harper (Those were easy)
    MOTY AL: Buck Showalter
    MOTY NL: Clint Hurdle
    CY Young AL: Jared Weaver
    CY Young NL: R.A. Dickey
    AL MVP: Josh Hamilton
    NL MVP: Andrew McCutchen
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I heard that JV wanted to "give the fans a show" and was trying to hit triple digits...I guess his show consisted of him getting lit up.

Interesting deals before the trade deadline so far:
    Ichiro (NYY), Ramirez (LAD), Lee (MIA), Youkilis (CWS).

With more to come (Dempster, Grienke, Street, Garza, etc.) mebbe?

And "more" meant Pence, Victorino, Rodriguez, Liriano, Johnsons, Lincoln (this could be a big bullpen loss for the Pirates), Soto, Broxton, etc.

So close! Almost a no-hitter, and can't quite gain any ground on the Reds (tough when you go 7-3 while your leader goes 10-0), who the Buccos play (in Cincy) this weekend. Arr!

Derek Jeter is out the rest of the season with a sex change operation. It was on the Yankees Facebook page.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Was at the greatest baseball game I have ever seen yesterday. Down by 3 runs with 2 outs and nobody on, the Tigers exploded for 5 runs capped off by a Migeul Cabrera home run.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

How bout Bel's Bucs! Hopefully not jinxing it that they're in line for a winning season!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!