Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    Here's hoping Verlander brings his A game, since Valverde didn't last night...
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

So, the teams that had it "in the bag" early on, almost all of 'em lost their series. The city of Baltimore should declare war on New York for robbery (I wonder if that kid from '96 in right field was invited back last night). And who needs future HOF Pujols, anyway?

St. Louiee and San Fran., DEEtroit and New Yaak. I am now glad I have play rehearsals through mid-November, as I have no real rooting interest now at all. Go... Tigers?
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I hope I never see Valverde pitch again...

Tough break for the Yankees. Literally. Derek Jeter is one of the greatest players I have ever seen and now he's out for the playoffs.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

And the Tigers are back in the World Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    And the Tigers are back in the World Series!
    And they'll probably play the stupid Cardinals... #stupidCardinals

If the Cardinals win tonight, the Tigers won't have to wait 5 days for the World Series to start like they did in 2006... Wait, you say they still will? Great job MLB... Great Job.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    If the Cardinals win tonight, the Tigers won't have to wait 5 days for the World Series to start like they did in 2006... Wait, you say they still will? Great job MLB... Great Job.
    Yeah I didn't understand that one either. I'd rather have SF win but at least they force a game 6 so this way St. Louis can't set up their pitching the way they want to.

Let's see; Cincy goes up 2-0 on SF and loses the series. St. Looey is winning 3-1 over Frisco and goes down in seven. So... if trends continue... congrats Tigers?
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Let's see; Cincy goes up 2-0 on SF and loses the series. St. Looey is winning 3-1 over Frisco and goes down in seven. So... if trends continue... congrats Tigers?
    I hope your right, but I think that time off took a toll on Detroit. Maybe next year they will learn not to sweep the ALCS.