Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Right.

Except that stores tend to not order or stock right after Christmas, so you worry anyway.

On top of that, it's still fun getting new things.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Except that stores tend to not order or stock right after Christmas, so you worry anyway.
    Really? I tend to have some of my greatest toy finds between 12/15 and 1/15, as the stuff that ships for last-minute Christmas shoppers makes it way out to replace the older stuff that's finally sold.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Really? I tend to have some of my greatest toy finds between 12/15 and 1/15, as the stuff that ships for last-minute Christmas shoppers makes it way out to replace the older stuff that's finally sold.
    I agree. I tend to find a good amount new stuff the week before Christmas since everything is moving along nicely thanks to the Christmas shoppers joining the collectors, kids, and fans who usually get this stuff.

For the Episode I stuff, I'm not worried in the least due to the hard street date, which the stores obviously know about since they all have exclusives coming out that day (TRU even has a TPM-style $10 gift card that you can use starting January 30 when you buy $40 of SW stuff this week).

And of course you can still go look for them. I'm just saying, for me, there are still a few things I need to look out for before I switch gears to the 2012 stuff, and I'd like to get them before the chance is gone.

I wish I could get just one lousy Asajj Ventress figure from the (old) new Clone Wars assortment, as I need another of her figures to fight Dooku while Anakin and Obi-Wan fight Savage Opress.

This 5 figure scene would look seriously cool. But since I have a few figures of her already, I'm not going to spend more than about $16 total to get her and eBay has moved her to like $30!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Speaking of which, I went to Target for a last-minute gift and left with five TPM figures.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The last time I was out near the desert, they had lots of Embo figures. Are they still around?

Could you pick up one for me? Ventress too of course, if you ever see her.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Speaking of which, I went to Target for a last-minute gift and left with five TPM figures.
    Which ones? Do tell, do tell!

Tycho, I'll keep an eye out for a Ventress for you. But remember that the figure that's available isn't accurate to those episodes - she starts the Nightsisters arc by wearing an outfit based on her original comics/microseries/concept art appearance (for the first time in this show) and then wears her Nightsisters getup the rest of the time, with or without the hood. I have seen Embo a lot lately, as he's still shipping.

I found Amidala, Daultay Dofine, and both Podracers. (I said five earlier, but I "misspoke.") I left two Battle Droids; it's just really tough for me to get excited about Battle Droids anymore, especially at the new price.

I'll look up who the heck this "Embo" feller is and watch for him, too. But only if you look for three Joes called Crazylegs, Rock Viper, and Shadow Tracker. (I don't expect you to ever see them; they're from the last wave of the old line, several months back.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

thanks jabba john. i'll pay you back for embo and shipping

Tycho, I got an Embo for you today. You'll have a PM shortly.

In news more relevant to this thread, I found the wave at Target, especially since I wasn't actively looking for it yet. I got all 12, and another Darth Maul to keep carded (Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan will stay that way, unless I find that they're way different). Another case had hit as well, with a few figures missing (Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Ben Quadinaros, at least - an odd selection). I won't officially get them until Christmas, but it's good to know I have them.