Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Honestly, I think that the Maul is a pretty good sculpt. While the horns are a bit large, I don't find them to be offensively large.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Apparently people are finding this in the southwest (and the Movie Heroes have been found in Mexico). Welp, so much for the street date! I assume that this is similar to other hard street dates, where some stores will put them out early while most will not, but we'll see.

The packaging includes a sticker that says you can win a life-sized Darth Maul signed by George Lucas. I wonder if it's those old 1999 statues - though those were made by Pepsi, I think.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Today, I saw and passed on these at Target: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Orphan Annie, Maul, Naboo Soldier, Ben Quad, Rats and Quinlan (I thought about these two for a while, though), Black Queen, Batt. Droid; because of cost (read: not on sale). But the guy next to me snagged most of them after my decision to pass. I do like the "retro" card back look (with the solid color boxes and posed figures out of packaging).
    "That's what Sheev said."

I thought Target had a flat %-off sale on all SW merchandise this week...? Plus, you take your bag and get a nickel off (provided they remember to credit you for it, which is hit and miss). And I don't normally do the store card thing, but getting a flat 5% off with the RedCard made that worthwhile.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm glad these are showing up now when holiday shopping will start thinning out their numbers. I just want these Ep1 waves to come and go as quickly as possible to make room for the next waves. I have no real interest in buying any of them.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I'm having trouble waking up on time to get to Target by 7:45 or so to snag them.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I thought Target had a flat %-off sale on all SW merchandise this week...? Plus, you take your bag and get a nickel off (provided they remember to credit you for it, which is hit and miss). And I don't normally do the store card thing, but getting a flat 5% off with the RedCard made that worthwhile.
    The other SW toys seemed to have such a sale, but the Vintage figs didn't scan as such. Typical: hatred towards those who came before you as not "with it" or "hip" or "the top vodka of 2033."

I get the your-bag $.05 discount when there's a new moon on Monday where people are washing their Datsuns and Buicks on their lunchbreaks, not the walls instead, and the cashier thinks I'm the enemy. Which means, about every other time.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Weird. I got the African-Bespin Endor Trooper earlier last week, and he was on sale.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I was the first one in the Target toy isle today (I think) and nothing.

Sunday might not be their big stocking day - but I might try back later. They hardly have ANY vintage figs. Like 6 maybe.

Transformers are full of Bumblebees. Kids will not be playing Autobots vs. Decepticons this Christmas, but "Camaro Dealership" instead.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Eh, I wouldn't really worry about finding these yet. If I find them soon, great. If not, they'll be everywhere on January 30.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram