Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I wouldn't mind modifying it thusly, JT. There's a ton of Joes that most people in America never saw, and some look really freakin' sweet. At least a few are totally new sculpts, too.

Oh, and I guess it applies to SW, too.
    Well, get to a'writin! I've held your hands long enough, you guys can take notes and do something with them. (gee, thanks VB for including an indecipherable sea of new smilies in the recent update oh, and PS, what's "applouse"?)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Which CW Ventress, the current cartoon one? They re-released it several times plus another in battle pack, one case this year had her. The character doesn't even look that way anymore on the show.
    Yeah the old one. I forgot they could sculpt a new figure for her. I'd buy that newer version, but I don't think they'll make her that way? Do you? Then again, she is a bad girl with two lightsabers. Besides Dooku and now Krell, what else are they going to do - release Grievous again. Maybe Ventress' new look makes sense. Your thoughts? And yes, you could phrase this query as a Question for Hasbro or have me reword it for you if you think it has merit and our board members would want to vote for it.

The Noghri question was answered just this round, it's in the Other Sites questions article, short version: they never tooled it up.

Thank you for your answer. Sorry to hear what Hasbro made it contain though. Would you personally want a Noghri or even army-build with one?

I'm not even understanding your 3rd question. The question we have up there is one that hasn't been asked, and has current entertainment support as well as movie support (including a movie hitting theaters again soon) and an argument against a recent release. And even then, it's obviously going to go down in flames as a big no. Also, what Republic Cruiser are you talking about?
    Don't worry about part of this. I understood your response as well as recalled our discussion about why one of our questions isn't "When are you going to make Jabba's sailbarge" - asked every month until they finally make it. (If they let us have extra questions and we ever can't think of anything else to ask though - the Sailbarge is always available. Hehe.)

As to which Republic Cruiser - the ones like the Radiant VII seen at the beginning of TPM. Now in CW, they've added at least 4 gun stations along its hull, but I'd suggest the guns could be removeable so you could display the ship as authentic with the movies, or put it out there CW style - and leave it be up to the buyer.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Yeah the old one. I forgot they could sculpt a new figure for her. I'd buy that newer version, but I don't think they'll make her that way? Do you? Then again, she is a bad girl with two lightsabers. Besides Dooku and now Krell, what else are they going to do - release Grievous again. Maybe Ventress' new look makes sense. Your thoughts? And yes, you could phrase this query as a Question for Hasbro or have me reword it for you if you think it has merit and our board members would want to vote for it.
    I don't think they'll do a new one, they only have 9 new figures scheduled for 2012, and we haven't seen Asajj Ventress in 11 months now. I'm not asking Hasbro to release Ventress for the 5th time though, that's not a good use of our limited Q&A resource.

Thank you for your answer. Sorry to hear what Hasbro made it contain though. Would you personally want a Noghri or even army-build with one?
    I wanted a Noghri for a long time, but I wouldn't army-build them, and based on the imagery from the comics being Hasbro's source, I'm not even 100% I'd want more than Rukh. The descriptions of the Noghri in the books was far more interesting than the official artwork from Dark Horse (the same thing happened with the Bothans).

[/quote]As to which Republic Cruiser - the ones like the Radiant VII seen at the beginning of TPM. Now in CW, they've added at least 4 gun stations along its hull, but I'd suggest the guns could be removeable so you could display the ship as authentic with the movies, or put it out there CW style - and leave it be up to the buyer.[/QUOTE]The C70 retrofit like this one? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Consu...70_retrofit%29
    We haven't seen it since Senate Murders.

Anyway, if I thought there was a chance in hell they'd make this, I'd consider adding it, but it really doesn't seem like something they're going to do, and it certainly doesn't stand out in any way that I can think of.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yes. You did pick the right ship. And I think we'll see this ship again.

It's good for a plot device: a large ship that can act as a carrier type vessel, BUT EASILY GET DESTROYED, like in that two-part episode where that ship crashed with Aayla while Anakin was wounded and WagTwo helped them.

You can't do that so much with star destroyers because they're harder to fatally wound like that except when the Separatists have big ships like the Malevolence.

So thinking as a writer - that Republic cruiser style is useful for the cartoon show (now you see it - now it crashes).

In the meanwhile, I'm thinking in terms of ships - more (different molds) are better.

But the Tri-Droid Fighter hasn't been repainted gray or black yet, and we still don't have a PINK Jedi Starfighter. What is Force-Sensitive BARBIE to ride in?

They could do a silver Droid Gunship.

Repaint the turbo speeder and call it Cad Bane's speeder. Then repaint it again and call it Hondo's pirate speeder...

You get the idea. I like new ship molds that have never been made before and besides asking for Jabba's Sailbarge for the 9,999,999 time, (hey - we could make it 10 million even though!), the Republic Cruiser is smaller than either the Tantive IV or a star destroyer would be, and thus it might be possible to make it BMF scale (obviously shrunk down from what it really would be - but not in a scale that's utterly ridiculous).

What would the ship do?

BMF.............................................Re public Cruiser
    cockpit holds figures........................yes
    gunner station(s).............................yes (removeable for TPM look)
    launching escape ship.......................yes - have it be the salon pod just as it's described in the tech specs for this ship
    medical bed (cheap)..........................yes - maybe have a bacta tank on board from the Luke Deluxe figure mold
    smuggling compartment.....................NO - but how about a prison cell to put Nute Gunray in?
    radar dish........................................Yes
    launching missiles.............................yes from the removeable cannons I guess
    chess set / lounge.............................NO but have crew seats in the interior like in the AT-TE or mini-rig Grievous ship
    sound effects....................................Possibl e - but I don't really care
    boarding ramp...................................possible

I don't know - it could be a cool idea. Still, the Separatists and baddies need more stuff because the Republic has so much. An MTT is still in order.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I know this would be a trivial question for most; but it'd be cool if it could get squeezed in during an interview or something at SDCC:

What's the deal with Kithaba's cardback? Did you think that fans wouldn't notice that it's just a reversed photo of Barada that has been Photoshopped to look like Kithaba? Were there just not any high quality images of Kithaba laying around at Lucasfilm that you guys could use for the figure's card or was this intended to be some kind of homage to Kenner's original mixup of Kithaba and Barada? If it's the latter, then thank you for keeping the weirdness confined to the packaging, but are we going to see a corrected card at any point in the future?

This is really the only gripe I have with the upcoming Kithaba figure. The figure itself looks amazing and that's the most important thing, but the odd card image will just make keeping a MOC version seem less special.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

If this is going to become the "Questions for Hasbro at SDCC since they cut out their Q&A" thread, can we bring up the distribution issue? It might be easier face-to-face, where you can say it like you're half-joking, to mention that people WANT the figures they make, then they can't get them, so that's money Hasbro isn't making.

Maybe we could bring up a "one of every figure" program, since they've got some experience now with HTS. (This could work for Joes, TFs, and Marvel, too.) I hate Clonetroopers and stuff, but, honestly, I might not mind getting one of each of them to ensure I get the others I'm not finding at all. I can always donate them to Toys for Tots or put them on eBay or something.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Not a bad idea, I guess we can use this thread for that purpose.

Chux, I'll add the distribution issue to the list, but the only experience they have with HTS is that HTS is a terrible outlet for the brand and is not doing what Hasbro told them to do regarding breaking up cases. Also, it's still going to be the same answer of not in their contract, not good for their business model.

I've been wondering why they've completely dropped "Tano" off of the packaging for every Ahsoka figure. I'll try to remember to ask them at CVI unless you get to it at SDCC.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Even if I don't collect them, I'd be interested in knowing what's up with a few years of "animated figures only in the animated line," then, suddenly, all figures being Vintage.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I've been wondering why they've completely dropped "Tano" off of the packaging for every Ahsoka figure. I'll try to remember to ask them at CVI unless you get to it at SDCC.
    I'll put it on the list. I would guess it's an LFL request, but it does seem weird since they exploit the oddest of full names of pretty much every character these days.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Even if I don't collect them, I'd be interested in knowing what's up with a few years of "animated figures only in the animated line," then, suddenly, all figures being Vintage.
    Sure, added that to the list. If I were to ask it, I'd wait until after the panel as I suspect it'll either be touched on, or asked there.