Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    So . . . why the heck did they change the face on the Imperial Navy Commander card? Blurry photo? Rights issue? Someone's uncle wanted to be famous?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    So . . . why the heck did they change the face on the Imperial Navy Commander card? Blurry photo? Rights issue? Someone's uncle wanted to be famous?
    I hadn't noticed that, it's really odd. I've added this and Umbra's questions to the list.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I must say I appreciate your retaining of JJL's snide comment in #18.

Not to harp on it, but I'd enormously appreciate it if you or someone else might ask a question of the Joe team (Joe team! ha! see what I did there?) about the discount store line, something along the lines of:

"Hasbro has packaged various figures for sale at discount stores like Dollar General and Big Lots. Most of these, to be blunt, are geared toward kids and not adult collectors, being straight reissues of earlier figures and/or lacking articulation. However, with the Joe line, it's repaints and 'kitbashes' that, for the most part, have been highly requested by adult collectors for quite some time. So far, this line has only been seen at Dollar General, which has practically no presence in many states (including California). Some otherwise canceled Joe and Transformers toys have shown up at Ross several months after the intended release date, making them de facto 'Ross exclusives,' but is this the intent with these repainted Joe figures (to make them unofficially Dollar General exclusives)? Or do you plan to make them available at other discount stores (or maybe even at the big box retailers, to fill in the gap until Retaliation hits)?"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Also, I would really appreciate it if someone might be willing to ask if there are plans to continue Renegades in some capacity. A second season (or new cartoon with a different name that picks up after the final Renegades episode) would be ideal, but direct-to-DVD movies, a comic, Resolute-styled webisodes, anything.

The final episode ended with Destro and Firefly apparently dead, Baroness and Mindbender trapped in limbo, the Joes exonerated, Storm Shadow swearing to rebuild the Arashikage Clan, and, most importantly, Cobra Commander declaring war on the Joes.

Seriously, man, that is way too much to leave hanging. It was clearly designed with a second season in mind.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I must say I appreciate your retaining of JJL's snide comment in #18.
    I figure I'll do an extensive rewrite of whatever we decide to use, so I'm not editing these at all at this point; but who knows, maybe it'll make it in.

Not to harp on it, but I'd enormously appreciate it if you or someone else might ask a question of the Joe team (Joe team! ha! see what I did there?) about the discount store line, something along the lines of:

"Hasbro has packaged various figures for sale at discount stores like Dollar General and Big Lots. Most of these, to be blunt, are geared toward kids and not adult collectors, being straight reissues of earlier figures and/or lacking articulation. However, with the Joe line, it's repaints and 'kitbashes' that, for the most part, have been highly requested by adult collectors for quite some time. So far, this line has only been seen at Dollar General, which has practically no presence in many states (including California). Some otherwise canceled Joe and Transformers toys have shown up at Ross several months after the intended release date, making them de facto 'Ross exclusives,' but is this the intent with these repainted Joe figures (to make them unofficially Dollar General exclusives)? Or do you plan to make them available at other discount stores (or maybe even at the big box retailers, to fill in the gap until Retaliation hits)?"
    Also, I would really appreciate it if someone might be willing to ask if there are plans to continue Renegades in some capacity. A second season (or new cartoon with a different name that picks up after the final Renegades episode) would be ideal, but direct-to-DVD movies, a comic, Resolute-styled webisodes, anything.

The final episode ended with Destro and Firefly apparently dead, Baroness and Mindbender trapped in limbo, the Joes exonerated, Storm Shadow swearing to rebuild the Arashikage Clan, and, most importantly, Cobra Commander declaring war on the Joes.

Seriously, man, that is way too much to leave hanging. It was clearly designed with a second season in mind.
    I'll consider it, but they're different teams so I can't add it to this list. Why aren't you going? You should dog them about this stuff.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Can't afford it this year. Or, more accurately, I can afford it, but it would be pushing it, and I can't justify it, and probably would be very sad since I wouldn't be able to afford to come home with a big stack of comics. I was thinking less "ask this in a formal capacity" and more "if anyone happens to talk to the Joe guys, can you bring these up?"

I plan to go down to SD and hang out for lunch offsite if everyone else is down with that.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I might be able to meet you Richard. Call or text me a few hours ahead of time.

I didn't get to see you and Slick when we'd tried to meet in Vegas. I was just too tired after my western show to drive another 4 hours.

Also, I can't afford to buy anything at Comic Con this year either. Fact is, I can barely afford to drive anywhere at the moment. When I run out of gas, that's it. (I take the trolley to the Con anyway though.)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Hi guys,
    Wonder if you could ask Hasbro about the status of the Titanium Series at SDCC, if you'd be so kind:

Following the release of 2 (repack) Titanium Series waves at the beginning of the year, we haven't seen any new ships since. In the last Q&A, Hasbro hinted at new releases for the Fall but we haven't seen anything about them. Also, the "Shadow Squad" 3-pack appears on Wal-Mart's website (which includes a new TIE Crawler tooling, apparently) but information is limited and it hasn't seen release, either. So, what's going on with this line, and the Shadow Squad?
    McCoy: What do those super sensitive ears make of that, Mr. Spock?
    Spock: Wood. Rubbing on some kind of leather.

Can't afford it this year. Or, more accurately, I can afford it, but it would be pushing it, and I can't justify it, and probably would be very sad since I wouldn't be able to afford to come home with a big stack of comics. I was thinking less "ask this in a formal capacity" and more "if anyone happens to talk to the Joe guys, can you bring these up?"

I plan to go down to SD and hang out for lunch offsite if everyone else is down with that.
    No, how dare you eat lunch with us, commoner?!? I can't imagine you not being there, dude. I'm bummed you're not getting in though.

I'll see what I can do about GI Joe, but it's a little tough without a personal background to discuss those sorts of things. Being a proxy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Duranium View Post
    Hi guys,
    Wonder if you could ask Hasbro about the status of the Titanium Series at SDCC, if you'd be so kind:

Following the release of 2 (repack) Titanium Series waves at the beginning of the year, we haven't seen any new ships since. In the last Q&A, Hasbro hinted at new releases for the Fall but we haven't seen anything about them. Also, the "Shadow Squad" 3-pack appears on Wal-Mart's website (which includes a new TIE Crawler tooling, apparently) but information is limited and it hasn't seen release, either. So, what's going on with this line, and the Shadow Squad?
    I'll add that to the list and see what I can do.

Is Hasbro aware that many TVC figures are still not ringing up at the registers at some Walmart stores?

I picked up a Wedge Antilles when I was at Walmart and a friend of mine bought Nom Anor and Aayla Secura. The store's computer didn't recognize any of the figures. Fortunately I had two 2011 R5-D4s with me that the cashier was able to use to ring everything up. However, that store's computer now thinks it sold 5 R5-D4 figures even though there were only two in stock. That has to cause some problems somewhere.

I just find it a little bothersome that we're now 6 months into 2012 and Walmart's computers still don't recognize the new merchandise.

At the beginning of the year, when the Deleted Scene wave first showed up, we had the same problem and I used an old Qui-Gonn figure to let the cashier ring up the new figures. So, that store reported selling 5 Qui-Gonn figures in one night, even though there was only one Qui-Gonn in stock (it listed each figure as Qui-Gonn Jinn on the receipt) and that Qui-Gonn went right back onto the shelf when I was done buying the new figures.

I understand that Hasbro is going to say that this is an internal issue at Walmart that they have no control over, but it seems to be artificially inflating the sales numbers of figures that aren't actually selling well.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis