Article: SSG's Monthly Hasbro Q&A - November 11th, 2011

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

"On the flip side, we do not react to every data point that appears at retail because sometimes preliminary slow movement on some figures does not translate to a longer-term peg warming situation."

But what about several consecutive waves where half the figures peg-warm?

I kind of hope they have a very low expectation for how this movie will do in theaters. Episode 1 and 2 are the absolute worst of the bunch, but the first two to head it up . . . wich leads me to think they won't do all that well, because I know several die hard star wars fans who just will not pay to see them again. Not unless there are some mad crazy changes made to them . . . and more than just a few nice special effects added in and 3d presentation!

On the flip side, 3 thru 6, I would gladly go see, and multiple times in theaters, 3D or not!

But uh . . . I suppose that's off topic.

Chux, you are absolutely right, that's what the core of the question was, a whole year of problems. Did they side-step that in their answer, or does their answer point to why the problem exists in the first place? I don't know, I was hoping the Q&A would explain, but I'm not sure it does in this case.

Neuro, I hate to tell you this, but based on Rick McCallum's interview, I think you won't be seeing even Ep 2 in theaters for 3D, much less ROTS and on. And it's not off-topic, it's part of what we asked them, so it seems like a viable discussion point.