Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I happened to turn on the Wisconsin/Michigan game, with about 2 seconds left at the end. In-bounds, inside of half-court three... dead center of the rim; good! OT! Even I put up my arms in celebration, with no rooting interest for either Big12Ten school. I suppose one of them won. Actually, the refs left in a player with 5 fouls (who even attempted a shot, IIRC) while the last few seconds burned away.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

YSU lost in the quarterfinals of the Horizon League tourney, but Pitt wins to keep a higher Big East (soon to be RIP ) seed. I think that Ohio State can even share the Big9,10,11,12,13...Ten reg. season title. Next week: Big Dance tickets punched, while others hang around the punch bowl at the middle school dances.

Curious to find out the seedings tomorrow. If Ohio State gets put in the west, they'd be in LA if they make it that far. Could they be in the same building as B-CJ, perhaps? It'd be extra awesome if Pitt's in that bracket, too.

Pitt would have to get past Gonzaga, but they could meet in the elite eight.

Who's everyone got? As of now, I got Duke, Kansas, Gonzaga, and Miami in the final four. I might end up with Michigan State over Duke though to fulfill my 1,1,2,4 logic.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

First round double-digit seed upsets? (Cincinnati, Ole Miss, Belmont, Cal., Oklahoma, Northwestern St.)

Sweet 16 (with Elite 8 teams with *)? (MIDWEST = Louisville*, Oregon, Mich. St.*, Duke; WEST = Gonzaga, Kansas St.*, New Mexico, Ohio St.*; SOUTH = Kansas*, Michigan, Northwestern St., Georgetown*; EAST = Indiana, Syracuse*, Marquette*, Miami)

Final 4? (Michigan St. vs. Ohio St.; Kansas vs. Syracuse), with Ohio St. beating Kansas for the title. Homer pick? Probably.

I've been listening to too many talking heads. I know have MSU, OSU, Florida, and Miami. Maybe by noon I'll have it tied down...
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Pitt would have to get past Gonzaga, but they could meet in the elite eight.

Who's everyone got? As of now, I got Duke, Kansas, Gonzaga, and Miami in the final four. I might end up with Michigan State over Duke though to fulfill my 1,1,2,4 logic.
    Odd that I couldn't quite go homer for Pitt, but I did for the Buckeyes.

Hmm... should my Final Four've been full of a 1, a 1, a 3, and an 8 seed instead?

I'm in debate about the OSU/Arizona game at Staples Center this Thursday... mainly my doubt involves the 4:45pm tip-off time (going into LA before then? ) and the prices of tickets (not even including the gouging that is parking near the arena ).

I still have 11 of my Sweet 16 teams left (with the Midwest & East brackets correct), 6 of my Elite 8, and my Final 4's intact.

BTW, Youngstown State blew a home court 20+ point lead in an overtime loss to some team, in the other "other" tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I still have 11 of my Sweet 16 teams left (with the Midwest & East brackets correct), 6 of my Elite 8, and my Final 4's intact.(
    I have 10 of 16, 6 of 8, and all 4 final four left. The west killed my brackets though. I went 4 of 12 in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    If Ohio State gets put in the west, they'd be in LA if they make it that far. Could they be in the same building as B-CJ, perhaps? It'd be extra awesome if Pitt's in that bracket, too.
    Well, The Ohio State Buckeyes get the honor of attending the same basketball game as I will tomorrow. I may be able to touch the roof of Staples Center from my seat, but it's fairly near half court, and the tickets weren't too expensive. Can't wait!