SideShow's Clones

It's frustrating waiting through every variation for what I want:

The Galactic Marine Clone

I think that's the last one on my "want list.'

Ahsoka would tempt me towards Rex - but I mean this could get ridiculous. I ordered Gree and Bacara.

On the other side, I think we only had the option of regular Naboo battle droids, right? Security, Swamp, Damaged, Pilot, etc. will all be repaints offered later if I'm correct. Am I? They're not offered now, right?

Destroyer Droids and from CW the Commando Droids, as well as Greivous' Magna Guards would be awesome!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

By my count the last few clone commanders that are still to come are

Neyo
    Thire
    Appo

And whoever else there is the clone wars cartoon.

Also, if you sift through sideshows FAQ they have stated destroyer droids and super battalion droids, along with nute are expected next year to coincide with the tpm 3d release. The also said the theme next year is droid invasion.

I do think they've taken the skittles rainbow of clone troopers too far at this point. 2 more colorful clones at a bean each is a tough sell when there hasn't been a single "people" release in a while. It's like they're a clone trooper factory, and they still have yet to iron out the problems with the existing clone elements (the blaster barrel rotation issue, the blaster has a scale problem and several incorrect elements, the phase 2 helmet has the wrong shape to the nozzle openings, and more).

The current lot of BDs is indeed just 2 infantry tan droids, there will be releases of a commander and geonosis figures coming though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Neyo is different enough that I think he would be a good acquisition. I've also been looking on the Internet for possible price of the 442nd and red clone captain. And most have preorders at 99 bucks. Which is right around the price we saw befor the commanders hit the 130 mark. Thire and appo look damn near like the shock trooper and 501st except with arc trooper skirt, pauldrons, and macro binoculars.

Off the subject slightly, but I think the design of embo (the bounty hunter with the Kung Lao hat from clone wars season 2) is very cool. I really hope sideshow adds him to the scum and villainy. Visually, I think he is better than cad bane even. And I like the whole spaghetti western, eastwoodesque of his quite a bit.

I'm not buying the CW in SideShow, though if they make Ahsoka (errr. when they make her), I might be tempted to also get Rex.

Embo is a good suggestion though. That'd be tempting.

Preacher - they might be reducing the cost since they made their money back on the armor tooling and they're trying to keep the clone collectors in the game. It's one possibility.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Very true. My theory is that all these clones are being trotted out for two reasons:1 they coincide with the tv series, and 2) they are high profit because sideshow doesn't have to make unique sculpts. The commanders are one offs which is why they cost more. They can cover r&d costs for more sophisticated body types like ig88, Fett, and grievous with minimal effort. Like I said aside from Neyo I'd really like sideshow to cool it with the clones.

Have you guys ever seen the cost of the true type bodies that sideshow uses? I looked into it because I've thought about getting into customizing 12 inchers for some time. The bodies are not cheap. You can pay anywhere from 60 to 80 clams depending on the body style. Now granted if sideshow is ordering truck loads of them they are discounted but still.

I have not seen the price of the body types preacher.

However, I think a Hot Toys / Sideshow "child" body type could be useful:

TPM Anakin
    AOTC Boba Fett
    T2 John Connor
    Aliens Newt
    CW Ahsoka Sn 1

Maybe Jawas, Ugnaughts, Utai...

Quote Originally Posted by preacher View Post
    Very true. My theory is that all these clones are being trotted out for two reasons:1 they coincide with the tv series, and 2) they are high profit because sideshow doesn't have to make unique sculpts. The commanders are one offs which is why they cost more. They can cover r&d costs for more sophisticated body types like ig88, Fett, and grievous with minimal effort. Like I said aside from Neyo I'd really like sideshow to cool it with the clones.
    Have you guys ever seen the cost of the true type bodies that sideshow uses? I looked into it because I've thought about getting into customizing 12 inchers for some time. The bodies are not cheap. You can pay anywhere from 60 to 80 clams depending on the body style. Now granted if sideshow is ordering truck loads of them they are discounted but still.
    Sideshow doesn't use TT bodies, TrueType bodies are used by Hot Toys, and the price ranges greatly for the 3 blank male bodies they offer - anywhere from $25 to $60 depending on which body and which retailer because Hot Toys doesn't have a major US distributor for retailers other than Sideshow. So it's all about hunting down the right seller, whether a local comic shop or ebay, and making sure to buy the body that fits your needs - not every custom needs a realistic sculpt on the arms and tor

Sideshow's bodies are known as the Buck (their older body) and the Prometheus (their newer body). Sideshow offered the Buck body for $20 but that's sold out, although they do have the gray artist model version for $27: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=1201
    They don't currently offer the Prometheus as a stand-alone body.

There are other brands of 1:6 scale blank bodies that are about the same quality out there for less, mostly Japanese brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I have not seen the price of the body types preacher.

However, I think a Hot Toys / Sideshow "child" body type could be useful:

TPM Anakin
    AOTC Boba Fett
    T2 John Connor
    Aliens Newt
    CW Ahsoka Sn 1

Maybe Jawas, Ugnaughts, Utai...
    Their smaller body isn't quite up to snuff, it has several flaws they still need to iron out, especially the lower legs splitting at the ankle. The body is also a bit too big in the torso for many of the characters you mentioned I think - I have the body on the Sideshow Frodo figure and it's right for a scaled down adult, not a little person or a child. I think they said they were doing modular limbs to change heights and such, but so far they haven't made anything happen with that.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.