Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question You've explained your signature, so tell us about your AVATAR!

Why did you select/create the avatar you are currently using? Does it have a special meaning? Is it something random that made you laugh? Is it part of a private joke?

My current avatar was pulled from a picture of four kids in the Solon Arts Centre's recent programme guide. i was having lunch with my mother and I stumbled across this picture of three really happy looking kids and this one little girl who was pulling the most ridiculous face. Soda nearly came pouring out of my nose. Yeah... it was just that funny to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Mine is in memory of Catherine Eddowes and her left kidney. Half of it was fried and tasted very nise.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Its me and a couple of friends at a music festival from a couple of years back. I was there 'working' because my former company provided the booze and they were there because they are fans of country music.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Mine is in memory of Catherine Eddowes and her left kidney. Half of it was fried and tasted very nise.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Its me and a couple of friends at a music festival from a couple of years back. I was there 'working' because my former company provided the booze and they were there because they are fans of country music.
    That sounds like an all-around win!

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    That sounds like an all-around win!
    Well...I hate country music and they are my friends...not my 'friends.'

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    Well...I hate country music and they are my friends...not my 'friends.'
    I was talking about the booze making it all tolerable... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    I was talking about the booze making it all tolerable... LOL
    ON the record we weren't supposed to drink...off the record we could drink but if we did something stupid our arse was grass.

I'm Tycho and this is my action figure.

When I first met SirSteve on the JediNet boards and he was starting this site, I didn't want to use my real name and keep an interest (in action figures and space wars fantasies) private because a majority of people seem so prejudiced against this sort of thing. They want to disparage those of us into this for whatever advantage they feel they gain from raining on another's parade.

So I went through the major movie characters looking for a screen name and didn't like adding numbers to the end, such as HanSolo12, and Rogue Squadron's 1st officer's name had been just obscure enough to most, not reading the literature, that I snagged "Tycho" 15 years ago. Yup. Fifteen years ago.

I probably registered as Tycho around most of the fan site community at that time (RS GH TFN YF - that might be the limit there).

My profile pics have been limited to either cartoon pics of Tycho Celchu, the occasional actual image of ME, a custom picture of Michael Bay inside an Optimus Prime PotatoHead (I still use this on TFW2005) and my current picture of my very own character's action figure (though I'm hoping Hasbro makes his X-wing Pilot uniform one day, as I prefer flying X-wings over just about any SW fighter plane.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I think I've had a Kithaba avatar most of the 10 years that I've been here on SSG. After Ephant Mon was confirmed in the 2001 Fans' Choice poll, Kithaba moved into the #1 slot of my most wanted Star Wars action figures list and he's stayed there ever since. For the longest time I just used a photo of Kithaba from the film, but now I get to use an image of the hand-painted prototype. Eventually I will post a photo of the actual Kithaba action figure from my personal collection. That will be cool and once I check him off of my want list I'm not 100% sure than another figure will automatically take his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I'm Tycho and this is my action figure.
    Very cool history lesson, Tycho!! I remember when you had that comic art version of the character for the longest time. I don't know much about him, so I need to ask: did he ever fly an X-Wing?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    After Ephant Mon was confirmed in the 2001 Fans' Choice poll, Kithaba moved into the #1 slot of my most wanted Star Wars action figures list and he's stayed there ever since.
    Is it 'cos no other character (other than a fighter pilot uniform) wears red pants? What draws you to the character? I'm always so fascinated as to what attracts people to certain designs and stuff.