Thumbs down Oh, dear God... say it isn't so! Glee meets Star Wars for a holiday episode.

OK, I admit that I was a bit of a glee fan during the first season of the show. The start of the second season was so lousy and joyless that I stopped watching. From what I understand, I got out at the right time 'cos those who have stuck with it say that it bears little resemblance to the show it once was.

Anyhoo... I ran across this article on the web yesterday and my head exploded a little and I died a lot on the inside. I don't even think I can muster enough strength to be curious enough to tune in.

Run, children. Run far and cover your eyes and ears.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Man, Lucas is really becoming a... streetwalker in his old age, isn't he?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

That's a rather nice way of stating it... yeah.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Obviously Lucas has become intent on reliving the Holiday Special.

On a side note, I was VERY confused by the following quote:

There’s only one guy who can officially be Chewbacca, and he lives in Northern California. They flew him in. We had Chewbacca for the day. It was just great. We were taking pictures with him. He’s been doing it for 12 years.
    May the force be with you.

Woah! I didn't catch that.

Twelve years ago would be 1999... WTF?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

sort of an ode to the single ‘Star Wars Holiday Special’ and the Judy Garland specials of Christmases past.
    Ummm.....curious mix there Glee people.

The "official" guy might be just the guy who Lucasfilm uses for such appearances (like Deal or No Deal, and now this, apparently). I know they had an official Darth Vader, Kermit Eller, who would go to the mall and do public appearances and that sort of thing, back around the release of ANH, so this is probably similar.

I can't stand Glee for a minute, but my family and girlfriend love it, so I'll probably see the Chewie moments. Or maybe not. I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    I can't stand Glee for a minute, but my family and girlfriend love it, so I'll probably see the Chewie moments. Or maybe not. I dunno.
    That is what youtube is for!