Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Could Hasbro make the Republic Cruiser (Radiant VII style)? Here's the plan!

This is the first ship seen in TPM and later shown periodically in Clone Wars (with lots of weapons added).

What would the ship do? In comparison to the Big Millennium Falcon, I thought of what I'd have Mark include in his design for a Republic Cruiser toy.

It would be way under scale, but it could still accomodate like 15-20 action figures.

BMF.............................................Re public Cruiser
    cockpit holds figures........................yes
    gunner station(s).............................yes (removeable for TPM look)
    launching escape ship.......................yes - have it be the salon pod just as it's described in the tech specs for this ship
    medical bed (cheap)..........................yes - maybe have a bacta tank on board from the Luke Deluxe figure mold
    smuggling compartment.....................NO - but how about a prison cell to put Nute Gunray in?
    radar dish........................................Yes
    launching missiles.............................yes from the removeable cannons I guess
    chess set / lounge.............................NO but have crew seats in the interior like in the AT-TE or mini-rig Grievous ship
    sound effects....................................Possibl e - but I don't really care
    boarding ramp...................................possible

What do you think?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I wouldn't mind seeing it, but would rather have the Tantive IV first. Clone Wars or not, it's far more iconic. And has never been made for the figures.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I know Chux. Remember, I built my own custom Tantive IV.

However, I wanted to make that ship 5 feet long so I could provide room to recreate that iconic fight in the corridoors with my action figures on board.

I just thought the Radiant VII could be made a little smaller and it had the CW tie-in.

If that ship goes over well - going larger into the classic Blockade Runner and Star Destroyer might be possible.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

BMF ................................ Republic Cruiser
    Interesting ........................ Nope
    Seen doing cool stuff .......... Nope
    In a lot of entertainment ..... Nope
    Exciting visually ................. Ha! No.
    Aggressive ........................ Not even remotely

There's your problem right there.

Based on the Republic Attack Shuttle, I'd say they couldn't deliver one which could do half of what you're describing, especially the 15-20 figure space, at a price that wouldn't choke itself to death.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think if Hasbro was going to make a "super-BMF" toy, then it would be of a Star Destroyer or Republic Attack Cruiser. Something that collectors would need to buy a lot of troopers to fill or something that is associated with Darth Vader in some way.

Honestly, though, I can't think of any really compelling BMF vehicles (that would appeal to kids, collectors AND casual fans) left to do now that we have the AT-AT.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

The sailbarge.

The Sailbarge.

THE SAILBARGE.

Why would I have to remind YOU of all people, BigB?

In the meanwhile, I made plans to build my own 9 foot long Star Desroyer and later I can post a separate discussion thread about what I'd have it do (toy feature-wise).

OK. Nevermind. I'll start the thread now and edit this post with a link when I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    The sailbarge.

The Sailbarge.

THE SAILBARGE.

Why would I have to remind YOU of all people, BigB?
    I said a toy that would be compelling to kids, collectors AND casual fans. No matter how much I might personally want it, I just don't see the Sail Barge appealing to such a broad range of fans.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

First, here's my link to my 3 3/4" scale Star Destroyer Plans:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showth...re-s-the-plan!

Second, the sailbarge can be kid-friendly like a Pirates of the Caribbean ship. I know you could gather the details for yourself BigB - we've had this conversation before and we both thought it sounded cool.

We just disagree on whether kids would buy it - and personally, I want Jabba and the barge to appear more in Clone Wars so we'll have more kid recognition with it (just cause I want to buy a darn official toy). But I planned out how I'd make that one myself as well.

It's especially doable when you see the 3.75 scale Star Tours Starspeeder 1000 in hand & all the features it contains for a mere $55.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Quote Originally Posted by jonthejedi View Post
    It's especially doable when you see the 3.75 scale Star Tours Starspeeder 1000 in hand & all the features it contains for a mere $55.
    Hasbro had no hand in that though, Hasbro couldn't produce something that size for $55, I assure you. And, not that I don't love my Starspeeder 1000, but the interior belies a lesser quality that Hasbro wouldn't stand for, as well as the flexibility of the walls with the doors.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.