Would you buy a 1/6 scale Princess Leia in Endor combat poncho?

Hasbro made Leia and included her with the speederbike, but she was smiling away like Barbie and I couldn't bring myself to buy this even when I found it on clearance for $12 (not kidding).

I want a serious, non-smiling Leia with all her appropriate forest battle accessories.

How about you?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The box prototype photo for Hasbro's version shows that they had planned her with a serious expression, no idea what went wrong there.

Anyway, I did buy it at $12 and it's on my bookshelf on the speederbike right now. I personally am not wowed by this Leia outfit in the film, it's an ok battle outfit but not terribly inspiring, so I don't think I need a second version.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The box prototype photo for Hasbro's version shows that they had planned her with a serious expression, no idea what went wrong there.
    Really? That's very interesting. I would have bought it if she were NOT smiling like she just got a pink Corvette.

Did Hasbro forget that she was just SHOT on a CORELLIAN Corvette (the Tantive IV) about 4 years back in her fictional life. Leia had very little to be happy about. She just put her head down and fought until she won.

On a side note, what did she do?

ANH

- she got the stolen plans to Obi-Wan Kenobi by hiding them in R2-D2

- they were eventually delivered to the Rebel base on Yavin 4 (because of R2-D2's persistence) and the Rebels were able to blow up the Death Star.

ESB

- Leia DID NOT help here. She fell into Darth Vader's trap but she did fight her way out of it after causing great duress to Han Solo that would take many months to settle (with Boba Fett and Jabba the Hutt).

So in conclusion, Princess Leia did NOT contribute to the cause in Empire Strike Back

ROTJ

- she infiltrated Jabba's and unfroze Han
    - she killed Jabba the Hutt
    - she, with C-3PO's help, and notably Luke's, nurtured the allegiance of the Ewoks so the Rebels won the Battle of Endor
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Really? That's very interesting. I would have bought it if she were NOT smiling like she just got a pink Corvette.
    I'll attach a pic I found online:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	461752666_tp.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	25709

Not a great shot, but at least you can make out that she's not smiling at all, very serious.

Honestly, at $12, why didn't you buy the set just for the bike? That's what I did, then I ended up liking the Leia figure on the bike, it wears the poncho and holds the controls quite well. I just turned her head away from the direction I look at the set from, so it's not so obvious.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh - I have 3 speederbikes from this scale:

2 bikerscouts

1 Luke on the bike.

I think I bought 2 of these for $12 or at most $25 (they came out at $50-60 if I recall).

For the scene I want to set up on a very long extended shelf, Luke rides BEHIND Leia ON THE SAME SPEEDERBIKE chasing the two scouts on their bike.

I cannot do this with the 3 3/4" figures, as there is really not that much room for 2 figures on a bike there, lest the bike explodes with its action feature. Anyway, it might be possible, but will certainly look better at the 12" scale.

Even today, there is a Leia on the bike set in the window of this scalper store in San Diego. I don't think she's that expensive, but certainly close to $50 in a place like that. The owner has not been able to move her for years.

I could reconsider, but if I didn't buy her at $12 before on numerous occasions, I think I should just trust my earlier judgement.