Princess Leia's Contributions To The Rebellion In The Star Wars Movies

I thought about Leia's role in the Star Wars movies while I was proposing new SideShow figures of her (Endor Poncho, red Bespin Gown).

So this is what Leia does in Star Wars:

ANH

- she got the stolen plans to Obi-Wan Kenobi by hiding them in R2-D2

- they were eventually delivered to the Rebel base on Yavin 4 (because of R2-D2's persistence) and the Rebels were able to blow up the Death Star.

ESB

- Leia DID NOT help here. She fell into Darth Vader's trap but she did fight her way out of it after causing great duress to Han Solo that would take many months to settle (with Boba Fett and Jabba the Hutt).

So in conclusion, Princess Leia did NOT contribute to the cause in Empire Strike Back

ROTJ

- she infiltrated Jabba's and unfroze Han
    - she killed Jabba the Hutt
    - she, with C-3PO's help, and notably Luke's, nurtured the allegiance of the Ewoks so the Rebels won the Battle of Endor
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Leia's role was greatly diminished in ESB due to the focus being on Luke and his training.

However, she did contribute.

She was one of the major commanders at Hoth and oversaw the evacuation of the Rebels helping to save perhaps thousands of lives. More importantly, she saved Luke at the end of the film.

If Luke had not been saved, who knows how it all would have ended?
    May the force be with you.

ANH: She avoided the mind probe and whatnot thus saving the rebellion.
    She sent the Empire on a wild goose chase.
    Granted the Empire did eventually find out about Yavin IV...

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    More importantly, she saved Luke at the end of the film.

If Luke had not been saved, who knows how it all would have ended?
    The rebellion gets crushed...end of story.

Great points guys!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JimJamBonds View Post
    The rebellion gets crushed...end of story.
    Except that wasn't the end of the "story", only one chapter. The rebellion survived with enough strength to launch a successful multipronged attack and bring down the Empire.
    May the force be with you.

I keep seeing the two most recent threads in this section, and that TOTALLY changes the tone.

Leia had her symbolic courage as a survivor of Vader's torture, watching Alderaan destroyed on the screen, and incarceration of the Death Star. Not to mention her aim with a blaster, plans to escape seemingly-impossible routes, hiding the plans.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Gold bikini.

She never had to do anything else, ever.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

In Rotj, when she was shot while han was trying to "pick the lock", she shot two stormtroopers who were possibly going to capture them. She helped work on the falcon when they were in the belly of the space slug in esb. Uh.....hmmmmm
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

And what'd she do with the 35,000 (no less) Jabba paid her for Chewie? That could've bought a few rifles for the Contras, I mean, rebels.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    And what'd she do with the 35,000 (no less) Jabba paid her for Chewie? That could've bought a few rifles for the Contras, I mean, rebels.
    She stupidly purchased a ticket to get on board the AT-AT party vessel. I mean, it was one heckuva ride but seriously? 35,000?

Sorry all , that was a really dumb joke from a long dead thread.