Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have the Vulture droid with the CIS paint-up on it and it's actually kinda cool and a lot more articulated than you would expect!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Just found some of these, but not on the pallet display. Interestingly, they must have put them out during the day, as I didn't recall seeing them this morning - and I almost missed them this afternoon! I saw the Dewback, Vulture Droid, and one pit droid battle pack, so I went looking for the pallet to no avail. Took one more look at the pegs, and realized there were glasses with Obi-Wan, which I had originally thought was a Legends fig - it blended in too well! Strangely, they had about 6-8 each of him, Qui-Gon, Yoda, Tusken, and Droideka. Absolutely no sign of Mawhonic, Aurra, Gungan, or the Pilot, so I don't know if someone bought them all, or if they dismantled the pallet in the back, and only put out the figures from one section that would fit (and those Droideka's take up twice as much space thanks to the shield piece). No sign of the Droid 4-pack either.

Luckily, I snagged the lone Ric Olie and G8-R3 unit that were there - seeing as how there was still one each of these two left, being exclusives, I doubt someone would buy just the other four and leave these. I'll check back a few more times, but at least the others will be re-released, so if I can't find them, there's still a second chance on the Vintage cards.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

I found some of these today. I got maul, the droideka, tusken raider, and the white Droid. Left the rest.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I found and got everything from this line today (aside from the Qui-Gon lightsaber, which I don't really care about). One Walmart had the big blue display, another did not, and both had the battle packs on the shelf. I went ahead and got two Destroyer Droids and one Tusken Raider, since why not. I haven't opened anything yet but it all looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner
    I have the Vulture droid with the CIS paint-up on it and it's actually kinda cool and a lot more articulated than you would expect!
    I expect that it's exactly as articulated as the 2009 The Clone Wars release.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I saw the dregs of this wave today. I didn't realize the 3D glasses were made into the side of the card. It looks kinda cheap. Not that that's what's important to me, but it does seem odd.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I hadn't been to Wal-Mart in several weeks, but I stopped in there today before going to see TPM in 3D. They didn't have a lot there, but I think I found most of the figures I wanted:

Aurra Sing
    Gungan Warrior
    G8-R3
    Mawhonic
    Naboo Pilot
    Ric Oliť

I didn't look around for any special displays. I didn't see those battle packs, but I did see a Dewback.

They had the whole wave at the local WM, but I just picked up:

Mawhonic
    Gungan Warrior X 2
    Aurra Sing
    Naboo Pilot X 2
    Ric Olie
    Tusken Raider
    G8-R3

-Also picked up the droid 4pack. I was going to pass at first since I have all the previous releases, but saw that they were all BAD, so I got them for droid parts.

I was able to open up everything tonight, and it's all fantastic. Aurra's knees sit bizarrely low on her legs, but aside from that, she's quite an amazing figure - a great upgrade from the POTJ version. G8-R3 isn't completely accurate to the film, given that it's an OT R5 droid instead of a PT version, but it's cool for what it is and it's nice to finally have him. The Gungan is fantastic, with the farseein and cesta. I'll definitely get a few more of him. Mawhonic is even smaller than I expected (and I expected him to be tiny), but he's still very well done and the addition of the flag is a nice touch (the eight currently available flags look awesome together, I'm so glad they finally released them). Ric Oliť and the Naboo Pilot have the same body, but they're both fantastic figures. The articulation is hidden really well in the shoulders and elbows, and the trenchcoats look great. The 1999 Ric Oliť was never the greatest figure around, but now he just looks laughably bad next to the new one.

The Destroyer Droid's body is curved a bit in the package, but goes to its normal position easily enough. The shield is less blue than the last version, but still not transparent. I had forgotten that the droid needs to curve its legs down to be able to fit in the slightly-too-short bubble, but it still looks cool. The Tusken Raider has a slightly different, more gauze-like material to its robes (it's similar to the TVC Darth Maul in that regard). The torso might be a little dirtier than the 2006 release, but it's not too different.

With the figures from this subline, plus the TVC figures, Podracer Pilots set (which I just got today), and army builders, I've gotten 47 TPM figures since the push started (if you count pit droids as individual figures; if not, then it's a little less than that). It'll be great to finally update the shelf so much.

It seems like the usual suspects are lingering on the pegs. I seriously don't understand why they picked "that Yoda", "that Qui-Gon" and "that Obi-Wan" for this exclusive wave when they are available in other currently distributed waves. Really, really strange.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    It seems like the usual suspects are lingering on the pegs. I seriously don't understand why they picked "that Yoda", "that Qui-Gon" and "that Obi-Wan" for this exclusive wave when they are available in other currently distributed waves. Really, really strange.
    This Yoda is not the same as the Movie Heroes Yoda - the DTF one is the 2005 ROTS Yoda (Firing Cannon) with the 1999 Episode I chair (the figure is a slightly different shade of green), while the MH one is the 2005 ROTS Yoda (Spinning Attack) version without the original base. You are right, though, that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are also currently in the MH line, same accessories (though the bases are different colors). There really aren't that many good, modern-style versions of either character, so they didn't have much to work with.